your computer is running low on memory

S

sickroachman

I recently switched to a SSD. I opted to clone the HDD instead of doing a new install, everything seemingly worked perfectly. I did disable the pagefile on the SSD and put it on the HDD to save writes on the SSD. I think this may have something to do with the errors.

I intermittently get the message in the title and sometimes all the running applications will start to crash... requiring a restart of the system. I know I'm not running out of RAM, I have 16GB, I'll post my computer specs below.

This problem is pretty intermittent, so it's hard for me to figure it out. I have tried putting the pagefile back on the SSD, but it hasn't helped, so I'm not sure if that actually caused it or not... what can I do to pinpoint this?

My PC specs:
AMD A8-3870k
GeForce GTX 750Ti
16GB DDR3 RAM
250GB SSD with OS
500GB HDD

Steve R Jones

Steve R Jones

Administrator
Are you letting Windows Manager your pagefile?
If not - try that.

It's been years....but I seen \\Windows\Temp folder with a ba-gillion files that have cause this error.

S

sickroachman

I have the SSD set to limit at 2048MB, but I have set it to system managed on the HDD. Is that what you mean?

adf.png

Steve R Jones

Steve R Jones

Administrator
Look on your screen shot at the last two lines... You Currently is way lower than the Recommended.

Letting Windows manage the C drive would do the trick for sure... Or I'd imagine that if you disabled it on the C drive should work too.

The fact that you have so much ram - the pagefile probably isn't getting used that often.

S

sickroachman

I noticed that too. How come it doesn't go to the recommended size with the HDD set to system managed? Shouldn't it adjust the pagefile on that drive to the recommended size automatically?

And you're right, it doesn't happen very often. It actually has not happened a single time again since I posted this thread.

Thanks for all the input guys.

Associates