XWave 192 sound card will not work

C

Chuck

I have a Xwave192(yamaha) sound card that I cannot seem to get working. I had it in my old computer and it worked just fine. Now I tried installing it on a different computer and it craps out on me. The IRQ for the modem and soundcard is both 03 I was thinking this was wrong so I tried open IRQ slots but my screen would freeze black or blue. I'm assuming it's not the drivers since I had used it previously with the same drivers. Any suggestions? Thanks oh BTW i am running 98

C

collinj

If you have your windows 98 cd, then usually the easiest way of fixing this sort of problem is by reinstalling the opperating system. This is especially true when you change modems or sound cards. These cause the most conflicts when doing component swaps. I have found the only way to successfully install a modem or sound card is to remove both modem and sound listings in your device manager, then shut down. Remove the component to be changed, and install the new component. Reboot computer and let windows adjust settings and install devices. This works about 70% of the times. If this is unsuccessfull, usually the only way to correct is to reinstall the opperating system to a reformated hard drive.

C

Chuck

I have tried formating and reloading 98 but windows still locks up whenever i load the drivers for the sound card and there is no modem drivers loaded. I go into safe mode and change the IRQ to 05 (there is nothing else on 5)then when i Re-boot it says something like " your have an information over-flow, please contact vendor" then it goes to blue screen.. Argggg this is super aggrevating...someone help me please!!1 .

Associates