XBOX box sold to moron for $611

MuFu

MuFu

ThreeOnTheTree

ThreeOnTheTree

hmm, I don't know much about ebay, but why does the guy list the specs of the console itself if in fact it's only a box? Either way, yeah, it says "just the box." however, it looks like the guy is preying on ignorance, of which there is a bountiful supply.

MuFu

MuFu

It's quite obviously a scam (not quite sure how ebay will handle it if there's an appeal) but I guess you really do deserve to get ****ered if you fall for something so blatently false! He lists the specs but notes beforehand:

XBOX 360 Features: ALL COPIED FROM www.microsoft.com DOES NOT REPRESENT WHAT YOU ARE GETTING. AUCTION CONTENTS LISTED ABOVE!
The other option I can think of is that all the people who bidded were in on it too.

Edit - looks like the seller has been banned.

Admin

Admin

Administrator
Staff member
What's wrong with a little personal enterprise? In my town someone put up Xeroxed fliers at the train station and pizza parlor offering to sell an unopened Xbox 360 for $1,500. :rolleyes:

jankerson

jankerson

Super Moderator
egrevstad said:
What's wrong with a little personal enterprise? In my town someone put up Xeroxed fliers at the train station and pizza parlor offering to sell an unopened Xbox 360 for $1,500. :rolleyes:

ROFL...... $1,500 for an XBOX....... :rolleyes:

wrathchild_67

wrathchild_67

Hidden Member
Come PS3 launch, I will not be without at least 3 in hand. Straight to eBay they will go. It was a huge mistake on my part not to get at least one XBox360 box at launch.

krupted

krupted

i have the same idea wrath. i too am kicking myself for not getting an xbox and making a 100% profit.

wrathchild_67

wrathchild_67

Hidden Member
krupted said:
i have the same idea wrath. i too am kicking myself for not getting an xbox and making a 100% profit.
100% ? More like 400%+ !!!

krupted

krupted

i wouldnt expect to get that sort of cash. i can only imagine how many bum-winning bids there are on those

Hoyle

Hoyle

In other words for those of you who do not understand, YES YOU ARE GETTING AN EMPTY BOX SO DO NOT ASK! Great for gags! DO NOT bid if you don't intend to buy! No excuses, I will not retract bids for you! You will be reported to eBay if you backout after winning the auction. I Cannot be more clear!
I don't know why they poor guy was banned... how could it be a scam when says the above???

If you were stupid enough to bid... well... sucks to be you!

CenturionStrategy

CenturionStrategy

Super Moderator
I'm really annoyed I didn't buy any either. A guy at work bought two and has sold them for £600 each. It's a shame the PS3 won't have the same effect (as launch time isn't around Xmas), or otherwise I'd seriously consider chucking a fair bit down on them.

JanieDee

JanieDee

I had to do a double take when I saw title of this topic.
I thought it read "XBOX box sold to mormon for $611" and members of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints had to pay over the odds for an Xbox. :eek:

Associates