Windows XP and 3dFX

D

djsat2

Does anyone know if there are gonna be any voodoo drivers realeased for XP?? Where do i get them? When will they be realeased?

Dacs

Dacs

True blue PC™ Geek
I read sumwer else that glide will b supported in XP, but it's not confirmed yet

E

erniemoof

My wife is using a V3 2000 on her pc. I have Win XP Professional version installed on it and it runs quite fine. No problems running anything on it.

------------------
Intel users click here to increase the performance of your cpu

BadBrain

BadBrain

I read somewhere that NVidia wasn't going to let Microsoft write drivers for new Operating systems. That might have just been a rumour though. Here's a link other 'community made' voodoo drivers:
http://www.gamers-ammo.com/x3dfxc.shtml

------------------
A7V + 1ghzTbird,Swiftech MC462a, 512mb (generic) pc133 @143mhz(2-2-2), IBM 75GXP, ASUS Geforce2 GTS, SB-Live5.1,12x10x32 Plexwriter,16x40x Pioneer DVD, NIC, Cable, Win98SE

G

gwolf1970

I'm having problems with numerous things right now like....(games)hitman, midtown madness2,unreal tourney, red faction, jet fighter4, etc... I can't get WMPlayer to play movies with Divx like it used to. Also, XP took away my video out options and I'm hoping there's going to be an update for this???????????I've already fixed my sound problem(digital speakers with SB128D sound card. If anyone knows any cures right now, please let me know.

M

mentat_void

Guys, I wish all of you would just not buy XP and send a message to those shitheads in Redmond. Voodoo's were better vidcards and all of us voodoo users know it. Now we are going to be stuck with games only available in D3D in next couple of years I bet. No more OpenGl I bet. And you know who owns nVidia right? No more videocard options for us gamers besides thew geforce line of shit. I rest my case.

------------------
800 Duron
ASUS A7V-E
128 SDRAM 133
Voodoo 3
17" 1024*768
20 gig HD
Windows 98SE/Mandrake 8.0
70-99 [email protected] res opengl in CS :)

Destwuckshun

Destwuckshun

Originally posted by mentat_void:
Guys, I wish all of you would just not buy XP and send a message to those shitheads in Redmond. Voodoo's were better vidcards and all of us voodoo users know it. Now we are going to be stuck with games only available in D3D in next couple of years I bet. No more OpenGl I bet. And you know who owns nVidia right? No more videocard options for us gamers besides thew geforce line of shit. I rest my case.

Right..........

Uh i hate to break it to you but 3dfx were their own worst enemy. They assumed that people would forever want to play in low res's in 16 bit "glory". Well we don't!! 3dfx just weren't innovating, they stuck with the multiple processors-on-a-board trick as it was pretty easy to keep doing and it increased performance but while 3dfx was going for the lazy route Nvidia kept released faster and more powerful processors and GPU's with more powerful capabilities and advanced features to make games more realistic and kept adding more bandwidth so we could play in higher resolutions.

The sad thing is 3dfx just sat on their laurels for way to long and they paid for it in the end because by the time they got off their asses and tried to come up with something good (and they were working on some good stuff towards the end) it was way to late. Say what you want but you can't blame Nvidia for 3dfx's demise. No, 3dfx dug their own grave there!

All respect to them though, as they were the ones that brought 3D gaming to the masses.

------------------
Athlon [email protected]
Asus A7V133c [email protected]
ATA100 15gb Quantum FB LM
Leadtek GeForce DDR 7ns 130/340
256Mb Pc133 cas2
Intel Pro NIC 10/100
SB Live!
Ricoh 8x8x32 CD-R/RW
Windows 2000 Pro