Wimbledon final

MuFu

MuFu

Anybody else just been watching in complete awe? Federer is in a league of his own! :eek:

F

F_A_L_C_O_N

yeah he and Alonso could go out for a drink then come back to finish the match/race ;)

resStealth

resStealth

Diamond Member
is andy rod**** still in? i love it how fast he can serve. hit 146 this year!

dannyboy27

dannyboy27

Lazy
poor old Andy Rodd1ck, he can comfortably beat pretty much everyone else. But Federer has become his nemesis, the guy just seems unbeatable on grass.

I like watching Rodd1ck though, the power he gets on the ball sometimes is unbelievable. I'm sure he'll win Wimbeldon one day.

Mind you, I like watching the ladies doubles even more ;)

Ponch

Ponch

I hadn't seen someone play so flawlessly since Edberg/Courrier in the 91 US Open final.
From this article on the Wimbledon's site:
By the time he next plays on grass in the summer of 2006, it will be four years and 37 matches since he last lost on the surface. Of his last 101 sets played on grass (including Sunday's Wimbledon final), he has lost only eight. Just to clarify the full steamroller value of that statistic: on average about one opponent in 16 gets to win a whole set before - of course - losing the match.
and about Roddick:
After all, he is no mean grass court player himself. The facts back up the Wimbledon seeding committee. Before today he had won 34 out of his last 36 matches on grass. Using your skill and judgment, see if you can work out which player delivered those two defeats.
Waw.

Associates