will windows 98se see another 128mb?

L

LaoChe

Yep, it will see it and as far as using it, that will depend on what app you run.
I have a single 256MB stick of Mushkin PC133 SDRAM.

[This message has been edited by LaoChe (edited 04-24-2000).]

H

Hardware911

ok so y when i boot up with 128mb my system resources ar the same as when i add another 64mb????

same stuff running i checked it after boot was done..it is reading it but i thought i should have more resources avail.

someone told me that it only uses 64mb amd then goes to virtual mem...

explain it to me i need INPUT!! lol (short circut)

H

Hardware911

and another thing why does mem turbo sometimes show im low on mem but resource meter says i have plenty??

i dont understand

B

brainsoft

That's strange. Are you saying that it sees all 128 when you're in Win98, but when you first boot it only sees 64?

------------------
I don’t know how I got here… I was only looking for the washroom.

H

Hardware911

Brain: no it sees it all but i dont think it uses it all....we posted at the same time read my last 2 posts

D

don41

On my system the more I add the more windows uses. Started with 64 and would have 4-8meg unused, went to 128 and would have 25-40meg unused, now I have 256 and there is 132meg unused. I doubt the swap file is ever used and that is a big plus. I think it uses what it needs and is less prone to give it back if there is unused ram.

My $0.02

AMDnut

AMDnut

Small Form Factor Advisor
Hardware911 - System resources are an entirely different thing than system memory. Adding more memory generally will not improve system resources. See this link about system resources: http://www.hardwarecentral.com/hardwarecentral/tutorials/83/1/
Adding more memory will improve your free system memory for running apps and so forth, but resources are more than memory.
Maybe I misunderstood, but I hope this helps!

H

Hardware911

thanks guys

so im gonna go get another 128 i do run alot of progies at the same time so i guess 256 will make a big diff.