Why are my Celerons still kicking your butts?

O

OverclockingAddict

HA! Read 'em(if you can)and weap! Now, I'm off to sign up for a photoshop class

H

Hikeon3

Danger to Functioning PCs
LOL!!!!!

------------------
Are you suggesting that coconuts migrate?

I

iAMDking

well well.. even though you have an OLDER version of sandra.. for the single bench test and the newer one for the duel.. i still beat you. check it..

edited for ubb tag code

[This message has been edited by iAMDking (edited 05-27-2000).]

I

iAMDking

OH one more thing.

again edited for ubb tag code.

[This message has been edited by iAMDking (edited 05-27-2000).]

T

TNproud2b

Not having 3Dnow or SSE capability hurts the Celeron. But MMX is handled rather well.

R

Rich

Give me a little time TN and I will stomp your hillbilly butt!

I got my system stable now.. (2) 600E's
@800 default voltage.. temps 28C

I cant post benchmarks yet because I corrupted my Win2000 install before I figured
out what was wrong.

I know these chips can do a lot more.. but I am limited to 133 FSB.. but still Dual 800's
is not a bad thing.

When you least expect it I will slap you silly with my benchmarks.. so watch your back.

Rich

I

iAMDking

and indead your celys do rather well. but it takes 2 of them to barly beat me... i'll build an intel comp as soon as i find a place to live.. any one need a room mate? lol
i have one intel comp, P1 200mmx. well it's a 133 at 208. you do rather well TN. good job. i still like my athy.. wait till i get another. then i can compete with the 2 p III 500's. AHHh i need the smp chip for athlons. i have the onther CPU, a [email protected]
will a 750 and an 800 work together or do they need to be same speed.???
iAMDking.
P.S. this is by no means a flameing of intel. i know there good but i can't aford the P calss chip. and i no want a celeron. so please no one get offended by this post. i'm not dogging Intel.

C

CDS

Id say my Cel2 [email protected] pretty much gives ya a big time Run...and then sum!!!
(Imagine if you could put 2 of thease together...Time to open a Can "O" Whoop ASS!)

Talk about BANG"BABY"...for the BUck!

------------------
Who are you People..."and WHAT ARE YOU DOING IN MY BATHROOM"!

T

TNproud2b

I'm imagining pretty hard about those dual Celeron2's.

But I still don't see a SANDRA benchmark showing one that beats me.

C

CDS

My CPU scores walk all over your sorry butt TN, but your FPU's seem to have a slight upper hand!...LOL...I bet you dream about my Cel 566 everynite...."well stop it, and no you cant have it"!...LOL

Oh....to bad your CPU power can only be used by apps and games that support Multithreading.

J

jopey

we won't go into how TN dreams!

------------------
jopecooler industries: We aim to mame, sever, and dice up any extremitity you have left to use. And if you have Ziplocks we will package it to go!

HWC - OCN Drinking Active List. 67864797
Quake 3 arena Acitive List. 70498309
HWC/Force3d active list. 57497564

R

Rich

CDS,

The Dual CPU's help even when running
only single threaded apps.

here is a quote from this page
http://2cpu.com/How-To/article2.htm

I have heard people refer to a second CPU as a "stand-by" that kicks in when the first CPU is loaded. This is simply not true. There is no difference in the CPUs roles, in fact the CPUs ID of 0 or 1 switches many times per second. Each CPU in a SMP system will share the workload fairly equally, there is always exceptions of course, but generally, this is the case. Now I have heard people say that you need an “SMP capable app” to get a performance increase. This also is not true.
I had a choice between getting one 600E CBO SL44Y and overclocking it as far as I can..... or get two and a dual board and be limited to a 133 FSB.. I took the dual setup.

At least I HOPE I made the right chioce.

Rich

C

CDS

Rich...then when veiwing FPS...in alot of the Benchmark Demo's why are the Frame rates painfully low on DUal CPU systems???....shouldnt they then match....what Sandra is reporting??