Who the hell said that P4 systems hold the 3DMark2001 record.

wrathchild_67

wrathchild_67

Hidden Member
People have broken 8200 with P4 setups (2Ghz+). Once the Athlon is able to scale that high easily, it will overtake the P4. So yes, the P4 currently wins in 3DMark2k1.

Actually that score isn't even that impressive with that setup. With good tweaking, that thing could've broken 7500 easy.

------------------
Sir, are you classified as human? Negative, I am a meat popsicle.

L

LaoChe

Uh dude, you've got a loooong way to go. A P4 overclocked to 2272 MHz has scored 9415 in 3DMark2001.
Nice try though.

Baloneyflaps

Baloneyflaps

Super Moderator
Everyone who has seen the P4 scores that are a lot higher than that-- that's who.

------------------
what?

N

newbro

LOL no offense but you just embarrassed yourself in front of the "who" you're talking about

------------------
Vegetarian stands for Lousy Hunter!

N

NAGD

Originally posted by newbro:
LOL no offense but you just embarrassed yourself in front of the "who" you're talking about

In front of who did I embarrasse my self???? You??? Nop
Your way lower then me so that does not work

L

LaoChe

Check Madonion's 3DMark2001 results database and you'll see ALL the top scores are held by P4s with GeForce3s.

N

NAGD

Well the best score that I see in MadOnions website is 8420Mraks
This score was with the GF3 OCed to 285/594 core/mem and the P4 OCed to 2312Mhz
The link that I posted shows that the system had a none OCed GF3 and it is also using PC1600 ram not PC2100
If the people had tweaked it little more they would have killed this system
You can just search for your self at the MadOnion wesite
One more thing to all of the Intel lovers
How soon will you be able to get a P4 that runns at 2300Mhz
How about the Palomino 1500Mhz????

So now NewIdiot who embarressed who????

Baloneyflaps

Baloneyflaps

Super Moderator
Originally posted by NAGD:
Could someone post some pics and then talk please
Well, if you insist:

Here's the TOP 5 10x7x32 scores straight from MadOnion's site--

...now what was it you wanted to talk about?

------------------
what?

AMD100

AMD100

Oh no, here we go again !! hehehe

------------------
<<<***My Stuff***>>>
AMD T-Bird 1GIG (AXIA) @ 1.5Ghz
Iwill kk266 (Taisol 760)
2-128mb Sticks/Kingmax PC-150
2> 300w Sparkle PS's
30 gig IBM UDMA 100 7200rpm HD
Creative TnT2 Ultra 32mb (CRAP)
Crative 8.4.32 CDRW
Creative 12x DVDRom
{Various other machines; all operating above spec}

M

miha76

I bet owners of thoes first fiwe scores in 3DMark data base have short dick problem......

BTW my score would be oround 1000 if not lower with, old SLOT A Tbird [email protected] and Voodoo 5.

N

NAGD

Originally posted by miha76:
I bet owners of thoes first fiwe scores in 3DMark data base have short dick problem......

BTW my score would be oround 1000 if not lower with, old SLOT A Tbird [email protected] and Voodoo 5.
So what my friend here is saying is that the 30% OCed GF3 and it's pure higher clocked T&L is the main reason that the P4 has that 1400Mark advantage
hahahahahha again
ahhahahaha O boy one more month and I will Have that 1.5Ghz Palomino with GF3 if not RADEON2

L

LaoChe

"GF3 that is OCed 30% higher"
"owners of thoes first fiwe scores in 3DMark data base have short dick problem......"
It is always some excuse. The question was, "Have you seen anything this high before?" And yes we have, it just wasn't from AMD.
If AMD can't produce higher clocked chips who problem is that? We're talking the BEST chip from either company and obviously the P4 beats out the Athlon in 3DMark2001. I'd suggest picking another benchmark to show off an AMD system because 3DMark2001 isn't AMDs bench.

L

LaoChe

I'm sorry man, the score I posted above are for 640x480x16 settings. BUT, that is even better because the lower the res, the more it shows off what the CPU can do, NOT the video card. I would actually consider this the REAL way to test your CPU on 3DMark2001.

[This message has been edited by LaoChe (edited 06-23-2001).]

Baloneyflaps

Baloneyflaps

Super Moderator
The topic of the thread is "Who the hell said that P4 systems hold the 3DMark2001 record."

The TOP 5 SCORES are all P4s.

P4s hold all of the TOP 5 records.

Any questions?

N

NAGD

Well the point was that the Palomino is going to kick ass and it will
But for the lower res scores he have to hold on

N

NAGD

Originally posted by LaoChe:
I'm sorry man, the score I posted above are for 640x480x16 settings. BUT, that is even better because the lower the res, the more it shows off what the CPU can do, NOT the video card. I would actually consider this the REAL way to test your CPU on 3DMark2001.

[This message has been edited by LaoChe (edited 06-23-2001).]

Oh yes it is the thing is that AMD is going to have an Palomino that is running at 1.5Ghz on sale one month form now
and intel is not going to have the P4 2.3Ghz one moth form now
hahahahahahahah

Baloneyflaps

Baloneyflaps

Super Moderator
Hahahaha all you want, but your thread title holds no water.

P4 systems do in FACT hold the "3DMark2001 record".

Sorry.

You can hope that the Palimino changes things, but for now you shouldn't make such completely unsubstantiated and easily disproved claims; you're wrong.