BOOKERREESE

i hav 2 cdrw, 1 HP 2*2*6 in my k6-2 300 & 1
philips 4*4*32 in my pii400 & i
both of them especially with Easy cd writer deluxe v4

------------------
BOOKER E REESE

T

Toksoro

Well, i have been reading everyone's options and i think all of those drives are great.
Out of all those good drives, Ricoh and Hp are two of my favorites. I own at 2x/2x/6x since 1997 and it haven't made a coaster!!!!
I just brought my new cdrw drive (Ricoh 6x\4x\24x) in October, 2000 because my HP are getting old and it works great. Work with every possible cdr i have tried. But when buying new cdrw drive, one should keep this in mind: some drives ex. Philip have problem reading certain colour dye on the cdr. So one should buy a cdrw drive that can handle all the dye out there and therefore giving you a much more flexible choice when going shopping for blank cd.

T

Toksoro

I saw this new drive one day:
Panasonic CDR08432( CD Rewriteable 8x4x32x IDE). Is this a good drive? Never knew panasonic make cdrw.

S

stmdk

I presently have a memorex 1622CRW. IT has it's bad days but for the most part it has done me justice.

My next purchase will be plextor. Everyone I talk to seems to have great luck with the drives. The prices seem to be lower than other drives worth crap.

Coasters can be a pain but considering the fact that CD-R media is cheap, its only time being wasted. I burn while I sleep anyway.

I

Immortal1

I use a Mitsumi 4804t 4x4x24 Burner. It is not the fastest or the best but I bought it for $160 in November and I have only made one Coaster and I burn at least 2-3 CD's a week. The Coaster was because My HD was dying and it couldn't keep up with the Burner. I should have known no to try a Burn. I recommend the Mitsumi 4804t. All media I have used in it works perfect. And it came with Adaptec software.....I ditched it and I know use Nero for all my burning needs.

Associates