Who is running the MSI K7T266Pro2-RU ..........

AMDnut

AMDnut

Small Form Factor Advisor
This will probably be my next board since I want to keep my RAID capability and the Abit is priced to high IMO. So, I was wondering who here at HWC is using this board?

Does it overclock well?

How is the RAID performing for you?

Is it a stable board?

Overall, what is your opinion of it?

Thanks in advance!

------------------
TBird 1.2 @ 1.3
(2)128mb [email protected]
Antec SX1030B
ALPHA PAL6035 w/Delta
Abit KT7-R
(2)Diamondmax+ 7200rpm 30GB
RAID Level0
Prophet 2 MX 200/200
HP9110i + Creative 52x

Shinma

Shinma

Not impressed with the support level of the MSI.
Had first hand experience just this past weekend,
Never did find the bleepin' manual for an older mobo

------------------
"I know nothing."
Cheers.

D

DuronClocker

Well...I don't use this board yet. I haven't made the jump to KT266A/DDR yet...I might not...may skip to Intel! Anyways, I have found the MSI K7T Turbo-R to be a very stable board even at 152MHz FSB. Not a single problem (except I keep frying my processors
). This is a very fast and stable board, so I would assume they've only improved on that. If there were more replies, I wouldn't have posted this, but I figure its better than nothing for ya!

------------------
MSI K7T Turbo-R w/ voltage mod ;) (2,15v)
deal fell through...lookin for yet ANOTHER chip
256MB Corsair PC150 CL2
12x DVD, 12x CDRW
Water-cooled 118w Peltier

T

Treg29

I put one in a friends comnputer that didnt want to pay for the Abit or Asus. I thought it was a very good board. Stable and cheap. Just what he was looking for. Couldnt get the fsb past 148 but I think it was the cpu holding us back. He didnt want to unlock it and see...

------------------
Tryin is the First Step Towards Failure.
~ Homer Jay Simpson

AMDnut

AMDnut

Small Form Factor Advisor
Thanks guys!

From the sounds of things, I may rethink going with the MSI.

Anyone else?

------------------
TBird 1.2 @ 1.3
(2)128mb [email protected]
Antec SX1030B
ALPHA PAL6035 w/Delta
Abit KT7-R
(2)Diamondmax+ 7200rpm 30GB
RAID Level0
Prophet 2 MX 200/200
HP9110i + Creative 52x

S

Schutzfaktor12

I bought mine only one week ago and I´m very pleased with its performance. Except for I/O Voltage it has all the tweaks you need for professional oc`ing, but as I´m still waiting for my Volcano7 and using an oem cooler right now I´m running my XP1600+ with standard freq. I´m using Apacer CL2-Ram and there were no problems with the most aggressive timings so far. The RAID controller is the Promise Lite with HD support only and only 2HD-Arrays, no CD´s etc. but hey no problem there are two more IDE channels with the Via chipset. Performance is Promise standard though, e.g. very good but maybe a little slower than the latest Highpoint controllers.
Someone in here wrote that he could only reach 148mHz FSB but that probably was a CPU issue - I´ve heard people reached 164mHz with quality RAM and unlocked CPUs, and that doesn´t seem to unusual with this board, although the chipset is only passively cooled. I like the board very much, I haved seen any bluescreen since I installed it... and I didn´t even reinstall Windows98SE after upgrading ;-) There are configuration issues though because the bios offers only limited possibilities for IRQ-Routing. There is one very good (german...) config guide at www.teccentral.de which helps circumventing most problems.
Hope this helped.

crane

crane

flaccid member
My K7T266a will do 152 stable with generic DDR2100. I love this board and it rocks with my H20 cooled AXIA 1.2

------------------
MSI K7T266 Pro2
1.2 Tbird watercooled 28c
geforce 2mx watercooled
384 DDR2100
WD 20 gig 56x CD HP CDRW
DSL 1500 /128

dirt rules