Whistling sound from my lenova T40

G

Geetha

Hi,

I am using a Lenova T40 laptop. It produces a whistling sound on increasing the voulme ( from keyboard ) beyond 3 strokes. My audio control is set to high. Whereas I dont face this issue when using a head phone. Then there is no whisting sound produced.

I appreciate all your help.

Regards,
Geetha

ThreeOnTheTree

ThreeOnTheTree

If it's not doing this with headphones, it certainly sounds like it might be a speaker issue. You might be able to open the case and have a look at the speakers and the connection, but it might be better to see if your warranty covers the problem first.

G

Geetha

thank you ....Whistling sound from my lenova T40..solved

hmmm..yeah after i set the microphone to mute in volme control....now therez no wihstling sound... btw isnt this a drawback.. i think fujitsau siemens works fine when audio is blaring and microphone is on...!!!!!!!

thank you :)

jimbo1763

jimbo1763

DanceMan said:
Sounds like a description of feedback. Is there a microphone on?
That is really good analysis, DanceMan. Looks like you nailed it. Congrats.

Geetha, it may be a drawback, but it has to do, I would think, with the design of the laptop and where the maker decided to put the speaker in juxtaposition with the mic. That positioning may be totally different in another machine, and ergo there may be no feedback issue there.

krupted

krupted

also, having mic boost on will increase feedback sensitivity. and, there is a setting for 'wave stereo mix' that might be part of the problem too...

Associates