Which would you go with? need some info

T

tony8404

Okay i am gonna start a new thread on my quest for new audio for my pc. i only game on it and listen to some music so i could care less for dvd sound.

What i am confused on is what is new enough and what is too old or old enough not to get or work with my pc. My old speakers are the creative inspire 6600 as far as i know there not digital. My current sound card is only a audigy 2 card nothing else.

Since i am gonna be upgrading both components, i decided to go digital.
I have been reading reviews and seeing what others have experienced. so i narrowed down my selections.

1. the sound card- i wanna go with either a Turtle beach montego ddl or a Creative Labs X-FI Xtreme Gamer Fatality Sound Card. Which card is better? I am thinking the montego ddl but not sure.

2. Speakers are killing me here. When i search through creatives web site there is not much info on the speakers except there marketing crap on how good the speakers are. doesnt really say digital or optical or what not.
So i was thinking of the creative 5500, 5700, gd580, cause those are digital but not sure if there optical but again i do not know which is the newer models to get and which are the older ones not to get any help? P.S i do not wanna spend alot on this upgrade. thanks

u8myufo

u8myufo

Well Tony my advise, and there is bound to be someone to argue the case, is keep it simple. Myself I have always used creative and have never had probs, at the mo I got the extreme music card which gives me the option to set it at either music, gaming, or audio creation mode, along with creative speakers. I assume you got yer pc in the bedroom, so you can have it loud enough without disturbing them downstairs. If you want to go pretty loud without distortion then most of todays packages will do the job. Its a matter of money really. So long as it does what its supposed to do, which is play music then the choice is up to you. I have a car that does 120 miles an hour, my neighbour has one that does 140, but his cost 5 grand more, do I change my car? NA!!!
Choose and buy your card and speakers and enjoy the music. :)
C`mon krupted you know you wanna join in on this one :D

Last edited:
krupted

krupted

there are numerous threads about this very topic. my recommendations have already been submitted- bluegears audio, and i dont have a packaged-speaker kit to suggest since i disklike and dont deal with packaged-audio deals. if i were to choose, i would go with these, based off newegg reviews and brand name (even though logitech should not be considered an audiophile company, nor should creative for that matter)

krupted

krupted

tony8404 said:
Since i am gonna be upgrading both components, i decided to go digital.
btw, with the level of quality your budget affords its not a big deal wether you get analog or digital speakers. ive never been able to hear the difference at least, if anything i attribute analog stereos to vynil records- for some reason they just seem to have the richer, better tone. if anything its probably just an audio-illusion though.

Associates