Which is the best brand of IDE CD Writer...

B

But_Why

Geek, but not nerd.
Put these into order of preference..

Acer
AOpen
Asus
Creative
Diamond data
Plextor
Ricoh
Sony

Given that they are all about the same speed.
Cheers PPL

wrathchild_67

wrathchild_67

Hidden Member
You didn't mention Lite-On. But Why? lol

You should definitely consider them. They probably make the most cost effective performance drives.

------------------
Sir, are you classified as human? Negative, I am a meat popsicle.

B

But_Why

Geek, but not nerd.
Lite On!!! i didn't know they made them.. i just looked around a few local shops and those were the brands they had. I have a LiteOn (is it pronounced Light On, or Lit Eon?) cdrom drive, so theyd match!!
Hehehe

Gomez Addams

Gomez Addams

You can find LiteOn's 16x8x40 CDRW for under US$90. That's a pretty good deal I think.

P

Postscript

I's have to rate Sony pretty high. I've used an 4x4x24 for about 3 years and can count on one hand the number of times it has failed to complete a session - and that's writing an average of 30 to 40 discs a month. Forget Ricoh - I've had one installed on another PC for the last 2 years and I can count on one hand the number of discs it has actuallt written correctly - what a piece of crap.

Gomez Addams

Gomez Addams

Personally, I have had very bad results with a Ricoh and very good results with a Yamaha. I have a Yamaha 8x4x32 CDRW that I really like.

zartan

zartan

Master Of Disguise
I've used a Mitsumi for about 2 years now (4x4x24) and never had a problem with it. I am interested in buying a new one just to get a little faster write speed. And I am considering another Mitsumi burner.

wrathchild_67

wrathchild_67

Hidden Member
The 24x10x40 Lite-On burner is a really good buy. It no longer uses Burn-Proof, but something that works even better (I can't remember the name off hand). It has smart features and cloning capability. I know that the next CD burner I buy will probably be this model, or the next fastest one when it's available.

------------------
Sir, are you classified as human? Negative, I am a meat popsicle.

T

terence

I've bought several brands (Memorex, HP, Yamaha) and by far the best brand is Plextor. I have yet to burn a bad cd with my 16x IDE model. Its worth the extra cost.

------------------
"We're going to get another one next year, again -- back to back to back."

-Kobe Bryant

O

Ovalle_2000

Lite-on all the way!

------------------
Athon [email protected] MSI
128 Kingston Pc-133, 64 Generic PC-133
WinXP
Sb live! 4 point Surround Fps 1000
Gforce 2 Ultra Viewsonic 17"