Which is Better? in or out?

N

nell1

Which is better at cooling a case;Fan in front sucking air in, or fan in back blowing air out; both? viceversa or dont matter?Trying to get the best setup;any Idea's?

------------------
Asus CUSL2-C
Pentium III 1GHz
Asus AGP V7100
Soundblaster512
256 Mb

Maxout

Maxout

Both!

A fan sucking air in at the front and another blowing out at the rear.

The object of this is to have FLOW, air movement through the case to remove the heat.

------------------
If you lived here, you'd be home by now...

[This message has been edited by Maxout (edited 02-04-2002).]

AMD100

AMD100

To have good airflow a 80mm in front blowing in and the PSU flan blowing out the back. For better air flow a 90mm in the front and a 60mm under the PSU blowing out+the PSU fan blowing out. For great airflow a 120mm fan in the front and a 80mm fan out the back+the PSU fan blowing out the back. The last is the conf I have and it works realy nice. Some people like to have more air flow in the case than exiting the case. "Positive pressure" its said to help keep the dust down inside your case. But I clean all those dust bunnie things out once a month anyway with my favorite computer tool.. Can-O-Air.
With "negative pressure" more air out than in, I think you get a better cooling effect. Anyone else?

------------------
<<>*My Stuff*<>>
[email protected]@1.85v
Soltek 75DRV2/OCZ Goliath
256mb OCZ 2700 DDR
Maxtor ATA100 7200rpm
RadeonVE 32mbDDR-210/215

TaNG

TaNG

Would this work? Front and back fans both sucking air OUT of the case and a really big fan up the top blowing air INTO the case? Would this work well?

C

Cleveland

Would work, not the best solution though. REMEMBER< heat rises. Use the force of the heat to help your fans, dont fight against it.

TaNG

TaNG

So I m guessing Obi Wan and Luke Skywalker would prefer to have something like this... back blow in, front blow in, and top fan suck out. True?

Associates