Which hardware modem is the best out of these choices?

Jediphoenix

Jediphoenix

Boca Research Tidalwave Model M56IV ISA

Multitech MT5634ZPX 56K Voice/Data/Fax Modem (ISA)

Diamond Supra Express 56i ISA

also any program I can use to stress or benchmark these modems?

------------------
Celeron II 566 @ 952 using 1.8v ,Abit BE6 Rev 1.0,128 pc100, 8.4 WD HD, Matrox G450 32 meg DH, SBlive Value, Supra Express 56i, Toshiba 6x DVD-rom, other stuff all running on Win98FE

Berserker

Berserker

You can check out the reviews or benchmarks at
ZDNet

If money is not an issue get the 3Com Courier V.Everything.

Shinma

Shinma

Boca Research Tidalwave: Fairly reliable but company has ceased to exist. Support for Windows2000 is therefore non-existent. Haven't encountered any problems when used.

Diamond Supra Express 56i: Good reviews overall. Considered one of the favorites by many people but like the Boca, company is history. Therefore no drivers for Windows2000 and such.

MultiTech: Sorry, not familiar with the company but at least they're still around.

------------------
Cheers.

Jediphoenix

Jediphoenix

well the multitech and the diamond both work fine in win2k pro. I just cant figure out a way to test each to determine which is better.

------------------
Celeron II 566 @ 952 using 1.8v ,Abit BE6 Rev 1.0,128 pc100, 8.4 WD HD, Matrox G450 32 meg DH, SBlive Value, Supra Express 56i, Toshiba 6x DVD-rom, other stuff all running on Win98FE

Shinma

Shinma

I think PC World did testings of modems from both of the companies.
It will be archived at their website so if you don't mind browsing...

------------------
Cheers.

K

Kevin930

I have the Diamond SupraExpress 56iSP ISA and it works great with Win2k. I also have a Zoom 2949 external that also works well.

------------------
Which came first, the chicken or the egg? Neither. The Rooster…

Associates