Which card should i get ? The 3d Blaster Geforce2 MX PCI 32mb DDR or Voodoo 4 4500 ?

A

Adam250

Im getting a new graphics card for christmas and I was wondering which of these cards are better, the 3d Blaster Geforce2 MX PCI 32mb DDR which i can get for £90 or the Voodoo 4 4500 PCI which i can get for £135. Which one is better and does the Geforce2 use OpenGL ?

Reply ASAP as I need to order soon.

A

Adam250

Oh yeah, i forgot to add that my pc is a AMD K6/2 450Mhz with 256mb ram and I have a SonicFury soundcard, so which card would have better performance with my current PC status.

A

AthlonOverclocker

I would say go with the 3d Blaster Geforce2 MX PCI 32mb DDR, as many people with K6/2 systems similar to yours have had good performance using Geforces.

------------------
Athlon [email protected]
Abit Ka7
128mb cas2
8mb ATI & 12mb Voodoo 2
30.7GB IBM 75GXP ATA100
Pioneer 16x DVD
17" Sony Trinitron 210ES
SB Live Value
Cambridge Soundworks. My Site

D

Drakion

The blaster, but buy a blue orb too.

------------------
Drakion is one of the few unfortunate people who cannot OC (lack of funds, useless mb, no cooling) and can only watch idlely by. Good luck dudes.

S

smokingbear

Opengl support has always been a nightmare for 3dfx, but not nvidia. nvidia is among the first bunch of 3dgaming video card companies that released their opengl ICD.

If you want gaming with opengl, go with nvidia, stay away from 3dfx.

S

smokingbear

Opengl support has always been a nightmare for 3dfx, but not nvidia. nvidia is among the first bunch of 3dgaming video card companies that released their opengl ICD.

If you want gaming with opengl, go with nvidia, stay away from 3dfx.

G

GunFodder

Any Geforce2 MX board will beat a Voodoo 4500 like a red-haired stepchild. However if I remember correctly the Creative board with DDR memory uses a 64 bit bus versus a 128 bit bus on other GF2 MX boards that use SDR memory. The 64 bit DDR memory is actually slower than 128 bit SDR memory, so you should consider looking at another brand.

K

K6-III

The T&L on the Geforce would help the weak FPU on your CPU considerably in gaming. The voodoo 4 would not.

------------------
Gimme my TriLevel Cache