What's the Best Song to Overclock to?

T

TNproud2b

My Celerons run 15 degrees cooler when I play George Clinton's(P-Funk) "Flashlight". What do you listen to? Be specific, please.
PS, I've only had one beer tonight.

N

NiteOwl

I really like the song Hotel California (from the album Hell freezes over). This song is not from my era (I am only 23) but the drums are really low, deep and the resonance are really natural (compare to the synthesiser crap we get in mainstream "music" today). I have a modest system (Energy c-8, good for 300W, down to 28 Hz, a Marantz CD player, and a Carver amp good for 250 watt per channel). It is no audiophile's fantasy (you should see Duckman's gears), but it's better than the Sony reciever the salesman at future shop will try to sell you.
BTW, I need a bigger room for my system.
PS. Does the original version of Hotel California have alot of harpsicord (or whatever)? I can't stand that version.

[This message has been edited by NiteOwl (edited 01-20-2000).]

T

TNproud2b

I'm still using my monitor speakers for mids and highs, and a JBL 8" GT8 auto subwoofer for the lows. It's powered by my infamous car battery/battery charger rig. The amplification is provided by a my trusty Kenwood KAC921 car stereo amp, which is bridged to provide a clean 300watts RMS to the JBL sub. The monitor speakers are powered by the Kenwood KAC 744 running with 2 of the 4 40watt channels. Crossover functions are built in to both amps. It's more than the neighbors are willing to tolerate. When they piss me off I drag the 4th-order bandpass subwoofer out of the closet and swap it out with the JBL 8 incher. The 4th-order box is trapezoid-shaped, weighs 115 pounds, has 2 JBL 10" drivers, and the only thing you see are two innocent looking 4" round ports. I found a little program that lets you pick a frequency and it just plays the tone you select. I selected 8hertz. The neighbors dog started freaking out instantly. It was almost inaudible to humans, but it kicked the dog's ass. I spent nearly an hour experimenting with different frequencies, I found 8hz to be the "dog" frequency and 50hz to be the "neighbors hammering on the ceiling" frequency. I'm easily amused. Yeah, I know that car battery vents hydrogen gas, stop telling me that.

K

Kevin930

Joe Satriani - I love his Flying in a blue dream album

besides that, I also dig Metallica, VH, G&R, Lynch Mob, Warrant, Bon Jovi, the list goes on...

N

NiteOwl

hey TN, go easy on the dogs ... if you had big ears like they do you wouldn't be too happy with a 8 Hz pure tone ... hell, I don't like 1 khz pure tone ... makes Johnny go mad.

K

Kevin930

hey, I used to have a Kenwood 821...it wasn't bad.
Now I've got a Phoenix Gold amp that rocks!

D

Duckman

Just plain mean
BladeRunner

BladeRunner

Silent & Cool.....
I came by a secondhand HDD recently that I checked out before reformatting, Glad I did it had 2.83Gigs of high quality MP3's on it. 697 tracks of new music FREE, stereophonics, Cattatoinia, cardigans, garbage........ etc

I have the running in random play right now

BladeRunner

S

SadSadPanda

i listen to Bob Marley, Kid Rock, REM, Limp Bizkit, Staind, and for hardcore overclocking: System of a Down

------------------
No matter what a hooker tells you, there is no sex in the Champagne room.

S

Sex Poodle

Personally I prefer New Kids On The Block

------------------
Why is it that everything today has involved something coming in, or going out of my ass??

T

Toolbox

Quantum Physics
I like Andrea Bocceli!

Computer runs at 600 MHz stable with that playing... seems to crash with all boy bands?

chcr

chcr

lemme offa this ride!!!!!
"Uncle John's Band" by the Dead. Okay, so I'm old. I no longer try to deny it (granddaughter won't let me). Another good choice is "Born to Be Wild". BTW, speaking of old, A shiny attaboy to anyone who knows where I plagarized my signature.

------------------
We're all bozos on this bus.

C

copper

No by far the best song is that Death to the machines, the matrix one, it really scares them, it might not increase the speed but it makes me feel superior.

As far as stereos go a good old Quad 33/303 pre and power amp, a NAD 5440, and a pair of LS55's will not be beaten.

------------------
If wisdom grew on tree's you would be a bush.

J

Jeffy79

Well mission impossible because you see getting those high mhz can seem like it.

Jeff

------------------
"That's my story and im stickin to it!"

A

anuj

kevin, geoff:
i thought I was the only Instrumental rock/metal guitar fan in here, at any rate. I completely love Satriani, Vai, and the like, but them two mostly. I've got a pretty thin CD folder which i carry around with me *grin*
UltraWarm Regards,
Anuj_Himself
PS: The signature's been around for a while.

------------------
Linux, Vai, Satch and Guitar.. that is the life :)

K

Kevin930

anuj I love metal...I am a big connoisseur of instrumental guitar. I love my Start Lonestar with a J.B. in the bridge

Associates