Whats happened

SexyMF

SexyMF

Multiphasic
To me these forums have slowed up something awful. I find there isn't anything much to try and help people with. Maybe people are finding answers in Search engines, maybe computer hardware just works better than early PnP days.

Remember the OT forum being closed. Now the traffic is minimal.

I'm not sure what has happened. Do you?

krupted

krupted

other tech forums seem plenty busy. hwc just isnt that fun a place to post at it seems

ThePerson98

ThePerson98

I havent noticed HWC's posts declining much.

Id choose the smaller community feel of HWC than the craziness of the mass forums.

E

ELF2000

I haven't noticed HWC's posts declining much either.

There may be a lot more posting when Vista is released.

SexyMF

SexyMF

Multiphasic
Hmmm, Vista may bring problems but we will all be in the same boat.

I just find that we are lucky to have 2 new threads a week in most forums.

I'm getting a little bored here.

Perhaps I should go in the front door of HwC. Been there about 3 times.

DanceMan

DanceMan

Procrastinating Member
It has seemed quiet lately.

Even the enduring AMD vs Intel thread has become fairly civil.

jankerson

jankerson

Super Moderator
It's really just the summer slowdown that happens every year. :)

I haven't really seen that much of a decline in new posts personally as we are getting new members all the time and I have noticed a bunch of older members posting again.

pacifier

pacifier

ProArt
declining...?

so why don't we have some fun in here...

I have a suggestion:

Every month or year, we should create an award to the member of HWC Forum that has helped the most people, or has helped the site the most in the past month or year.

This way, people can be happy about what they did on HWC, and on their sig, they can say that they won July 2006 HWC award, etc.

Just a thought...

Admin

Admin

Administrator
Staff member
As voted by the membership or the crew, or both? I don't think that's a bad idea at all.

krupted

krupted

i would have it voted by both. one vote per person, no voting for yourself. It would be nice and simple. hell, you could just do this by stickying a poll every month.

i dont really think it would help traffic at all but it doesnt sound like a dumb idea to me either. maybe every year there could be a top-5 finalist poll, and one crowned champion of internet talk foum haha

Admin

Admin

Administrator
Staff member
Sounds ok. Maybe one of the mods would like to volunteer to handle it. Or several of em.

Steve R Jones

Steve R Jones

Administrator
I think it would be best if Joe did all the work. Then we could just vote him to be the Champ - All Around Great Guy that never pawns off anything :eek: ;) :cool:

SexyMF

SexyMF

Multiphasic
It's wintertime here. The internet is global so I'd hope that seasons wouldn't really affect things much. I do see new members, but only really asking one question and that is all.

E

ELF2000

krupted said:
i would have it voted by both. one vote per person, no voting for yourself. It would be nice and simple. hell, you could just do this by stickying a poll every month.

i dont really think it would help traffic at all but it doesnt sound like a dumb idea to me either. maybe every year there could be a top-5 finalist poll, and one crowned champion of internet talk foum haha
I agree with krupted. It sounds like a good idea if someone has the time to handle it.

Associates