what was the first game you couldn't stop playing?

SolApathy

SolApathy

Careful...I bite
the Summoning by SSI...

2 3.5" floppies contained enough game to keep me going for several months...I still love the game, if only I could find it again...

do you remember when they acually cared how big they made the games?

Now it's hmmm...let's not optimize the game, let's just add another 300MB

U

USD

Gravity Pulling Me UP!!
Pitfall by Activision on Atari 2600 or was it Doctor with the girl up the street!?!? I am still playing that Game!! ;)

U

USD

Gravity Pulling Me UP!!
Originally posted by SolApathy
the Summoning by SSI...

2 3.5" floppies contained enough game to keep me going for several months...I still love the game, if only I could find it again...

do you remember when they acually cared how big they made the games?

Now it's hmmm...let's not optimize the game, let's just add another 300MB
Yes...........I remember the .........you must have atleast 8 megs of RAM and a free 48 megs of HD space in order to play this game!

U

USD

Gravity Pulling Me UP!!
Originally posted by Tuttle
Defender on the Atari 2600. Once I got up to wave 43 before I fell asleep in front of the TV. :)

Hey Pal, did you play the game Adventure on the Atari 2600? Now that game was cool!! It had tons of secret places! With todays standards.........the graphics were 2D lines! ;) However, the game kicks a$$!!!

Bink

Bink

Will moderate for food
I had an Atari ST520 that had loads of games. Games like R-Type, Double Dragon, Xenon, Eliminator, Outrun, Gods... all good :D

There's legendary game I almost forgot for PC (and Sega as well if I recall), Star Control! I spent many a Systems Info class playing that one with my buddies :cool:

BadBrain

BadBrain

Originally posted by USD

Hey Pal, did you play the game Adventure on the Atari 2600? Now that game was cool!! It had tons of secret places! With todays standards.........the graphics were 2D lines! ;) However, the game kicks a$$!!!
Adventure was awesome. The 'Hero' was a happy face:) with a bow-and-arrow. LOL

Tuttle

Tuttle

Resident Cynic
Originally posted by USD
Nope, never owned it. I'll dig up the old emulator and see what it's like though. :)

A

Arinoste

Battletoads in Battlemaniacs for SNES. That game was SO hard, it took me about 3 months to complete the third level, 2 more for level four, and about 2 extra months to finish the game!

I loved the fact that it was one of those games I couldn't beat within two days, that's why I bought it instead of rent it :D

N

netdude

"Tomb Raider The first one"

Same here bud, on the Playstation, I spent weeks playing that.

N

netdude

"Tomb Raider The first one"

Same here bud, on the Playstation, I spent weeks playing that.

chetmichaels

chetmichaels

Peon in training
when my bud went on vacation during the summer i borrowed his nes and played punchout sooooo much. but i biked to stop & go everyday to play street fighter. nowadays i sit around playing the game of life :)

L

lunat1c

Quake2, and I still have'nt stopped playing......... it's been like 4-5 years now! Damn thats pretty sad.

Berserker

Berserker

I've played mostly Contra (NES) for my first video game and liked it a lot. There are some games that I really like but didn't manage to finish playing it:(

My last game system was the Sega 16 bit...
now it's all PC games from now onwards..

CrazyyWolf

CrazyyWolf

Incredible Member
DIABLO (the first one - still the best in my opinion)

NHL 2000 (still much better - more information about players)

I STILL can't stop playing these two!

:cool:

Associates