what v/c for 200mmx

M

mo

The card I have now is a savage 3d and it doesnt seem to do very well. Im not a hardcore gamer but I know there are cards out there that will make better use of my lowly cpu. Will appreciate any suggestions.

C

collinj

A voodoo1 or riva 128zx are good choices for your cpu power, and they are really cheap right now.

C

Catalyst

If you want to squeeze out the most performance (and are set against upgrading that CPU), buy a Voodoo Banshee. They're fairly inexpensive (if you consider $100 cheap) and are very processor independent. Hope this helps.

S

Skygazer

I also have a P200-mmx with 64mb edo ram. I recently installed a Creative Banshee card. It was very reasonably priced (Creative has a $30.00 rebate offer thru this year) and it produces very nice effects with excellent image quality. If I had a faster cpu I would have gone for the Riva TNT but the Banshee seems to work very well with that processor.

M

millenko

I think the banshee is best for slower systems-don't feel bad I have a p200 also-plus the banshee works with all types of games.

Associates