What to do with my Sound Card?

H

hserus

Hi,

I have a sound card - Creative Sound Blaster Live 5.1, and I recently purchased a laptop. So, I cannot use this sound card. Is there a possible way in which I can make use of this card? I really want to use it to connect to my laptop so that my sound quality improves.... Thanks in advance.

Additional Details
-----------------

I want to connect this to my laptop as an external sound card. I want to know how to make this possible. I dont want to sell this or I dont want to buy a desktop for this.

I dont want to keep it as a Stock Item in my Inventory. Please help me in utilizing this brilliant piece of hardware.

Is it not possible to build something external to my laptop 'cause SB Live Card fits only in PCI slots of desktops

ThePerson98

ThePerson98

Unfortunately, by my knowledge, there is not a thing out there that will allow you to do that.
But there are USB sound cards.
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16829102174
It is out of stock, but if you can find that at a retailer or something it should work fine.

There is also a PCMCIA sound blaster Audigy 2 ZS, it is 100 dollars on creative's site but I see it at 75 dollars at other stores. PCMCIA means it goes in that little card area on the laptop FYI.

Audigy 2 ZS is better than a Live, but in the end they will both sound better than onboard laptop sound.

krupted

krupted

live wont sound much better then onboard sound. audigy2 zs is close to a home receiver quality.

Associates