What kind of modem is this?

A

Armored Wolf

The modem that came with my computer is no doubt a generic 33.6 modem.....i took it out and on the bottom of it it said SPEEDCOM model:cl-5600v....it uses some cirrus logic chips and stuff.....the problem is i cant find any updated drivers for this damn thing...sometimes i lose connection.(and its not my isp)i went to windrivers.com and found nothing...i went to speedcoms site and found nothing....i even tried to use the fcc number and still found nothing..Should i even bother with this piece of S--T and try to find updated drivers or just trash it and get a better one?....is there an updated universal driver?

A

AA1SF

There is a driver at windrivers.com, but it's 1995 vintage so it may not be what you're looking for. Try it and see if it helps before you trash the modem. Good luck.

[This message has been edited by AA1SF (edited 12-22-98).]

R

Rixter

Trash it and get a new one... I just picked up a 56k v90 with Lucent chipset for $33 including shipping through an auction

P

Popeye

OTOH, if you don't want to $pend ca$h, why don't you try Cirrus Logic's Site and search for the chip number? I've found tons of drivers just by looking up the chip numbers in "Infoseek" or "HotBot".

Peace,

Popeye

P.S. you might also use device manager to check for IRQ conflicts.

A

Armored Wolf

Still nothing....its almost as if this modem doesn't exist...i even tried modem docter and even that is telling me STANDARD MODEM...I dont wanna trash it yet because the diagnostics is telling me that my modem can be upgraded to 56k...
ANY MORE IDEAS?

Associates