What game had the best music/soundtrack ?

fx

fx

This topic has been here but why not mention it again. I say the Mech Warrior had some pretty awesome soundtracks.

BladeRunner

BladeRunner

Silent & Cool.....
Heavy Metal Fakk2 has excellent in game sounds a creates a great atmosphere with a 4 speaker EAX system. As for sound tracks the original GTA is unbeatable for me. I also Like some of the Electronic music in Mechwarrior 2.

zodder

zodder

Suedehead
I've always liked the Q2 soundtrack. It just put you in the mood to frag the hell out of anything and everything!

Mephisto

Mephisto

Originally posted by Huge:
Some of the Doom/2 midi tracks I liked a lot.
That must be a nostalgic effect! I remember lots of silly midi dideldideldü

------------------
I'll be back...

Huge

Huge

Why am I still doing up?
I've got a good collection of midi files from way back when. I also agree about the mech2 soundtrack; a lot of good tracks on that game.

G

Gigahert

Yeah,
Some of the Doom / Doom2 midis are quite scary and cool.

Q2 had a good sound track.

P

Pirate

I realize it's a different type of music than most of the techno/heavy-metal stuff they put on most high speed fraggin games nowadays (and I'll probably get laughed at as a result), but did any of you ever play Lucas Arts old game Outlaws? It was an old Wild Western theme game based on the oringal Dark Forces 3D engine. The graphics weren't all that great, but I swear that is still far and away the most professional soundtrack I've ever heard in a game (especially considering when it was released). It was a perfect take on the old spaghetti Western music and just well done all around. It doesn't get you pumped or for fragging like Quake music does because that wasn't its purpose. But it was SO polished that it really made you feel like you were walking around in an old Western movie.

equinoxe3d

equinoxe3d

Originally posted by kashi80:
UNREAL TOURNAMENT!

i havnt played Mash Warrior
Favorite mine is Wipeout XL, but I heard that music in Unreal/Unreal Tournament were MODs. Since I am myself a tracker, I think I will also love it...

------------------
GAMING RULES!
GAMBLING SUCKS!!!

Baloneyflaps

Baloneyflaps

Super Moderator
Mechwarrior 2... beautiful music... wonderfully composed... very atmospheric and thoughtful.

Wipeout XL... jammin' techno/electro/trance tunes from several top-names in electronica. Good stuff.

S

Sampoerna

Usually, one of the first things I do in a game is disable the in-game music, but I find the music in Deus Ex to be quite bearable.

I have to agree, the GTA tracks were great, too.

But, to this day, the most annoying music in a game (to me, anyway) has to be Descent 3. SoF's music isn't much better. I can't stand generic techno background music!

------------------
-- Sampœrna

equinoxe3d

equinoxe3d

By the way, Outcast soundtrack isn't bad either

------------------
GAMING RULES!
GAMBLING SUCKS!!!

zodder

zodder

Suedehead
I have Outcast and never really got into because of the graphics. That was with my C400. I should give it a try again with my [email protected] I bet it would play a lot better now. What do people think about it?

fx

fx

Forgot to add Heavy Gear 2 soundtracks aswell. Composed by the same great people who made the MW2 soundtracks Activision

A

AlanArpeggio

I'm a musician (several genres, from southern rock to blues to classical) and I really appreciate it when a game has a good soundtrack. I'd have to say the best soundtrack is LucasArt's Outlaws hands down. The game is pretty much just another fps (it's got some unique stuff to it, though, like reloading), but the music makes it awesome. It gives it feel that wouldn't be there without it. If you like games with good soundtracks, check e-bay for Outlaws. It's worth listening to the CD by itself easily. Although nowhere near Outlaws, Total Annihilation had a pretty cool soundtrack. Nice and melancholy; added a dark feel to the game. 7th Guest had a really cool tango song called "Skeletons in the Closet" by The Fat Man, too. Parts of Descent 2's soundtrack wasn't bad, either.
--Alan