What game do u think has the best graphics ?

fx

fx

Well, for me it has to be the first Unreal. That game has some kickass graphics. Now aday there are many around. I think that FPS games has the best graphics compared to other styles of games.

Mephisto

Mephisto

I'd say Q3A, but Heavy Metal FAKK2 must be even better with its improved Q3 engine (at least everybody is saying so).
I downloaded the demo, but haven't had the time to try it yet.

BladeRunner

BladeRunner

Silent & Cool.....
Heavy Metal Fakk2 is very pretty on my PC and has some nice touches. Played the demo and will get the game
I always thought Kingpin looked good too.

K

Kroblanx

In general, FPS games have the best graphics...But you gotta see Superbike 2000 to really appreciate great graphics...It is not only photo-realistic but the best graphics I have ever seen in a racing game bar-none. It's miles away compared to NFS: Porsche and other racing games...

S

slap

i agree fx
Unreal still rocks! excellant atmosphere, sound, lighting, design, and damn cool textures. i quite appreciate the algorithmic tex's. the editor is bad assed too.

G

Gigahert

Unreal does have good graphics, it was just too bad that most of the machines couldn't handle them at the time it came out.

P

Proceed

I have the whole game of Heavy Metal FAKK2 and Unreal and Unreal Tourney and I would say that Heavy Metal FAKK2 is the sweetest in the graphics department. Although Unreal is a very very very close 2nd

Baloneyflaps

Baloneyflaps

Super Moderator
Unreal.

There was no problem with machines handling its graphics-- unless it wasn't Glide!

(I had Glide, so I was in Fat City)

I've never been so stunned by any game's graphics before or since.

D

digitaldog

Still here!
For me, although few will agree, it is Shogo M.A.D with its latest and largest patch, not a new patch but large just the same which improved the graphics on my machine and through my stealth 3 S540 card. DD.

fx

fx

Shogo had some nice touches but was to buggy and slow since it was using the same engine as Blood 2. I did how ever like Shogo since I love mechs, bots, etc.

S

Salt

For all around best graphics:
ReVolt

For most technologically advanced graphics: Quake3Arena

For the most creative graphics:
Messiah

werd.

------------------
Salt
Debaser.

Salmoneus

Salmoneus

Why only 3d games?
Settlers 3 is more beautiful than anything else! Looks like an oil painting or something!!!

/Salmoneus

BladeRunner

BladeRunner

Silent & Cool.....
also some of the point a clicks look great, Starship Titanic for one, but as with 2d games it is much eaiser to make them look photo like.

P

patweb

Incoming-
The game came with my Voodoo2 card and absolutely rocked the screen. The graphics are still state of the art...

P

Proceed

UT is nice but you should see Heavy Metal F.A.K.K 2 it's a updated Q2 engine ......and it's much better than Half-Life