What does everyone do for a living? / Your job?

A

Argo

Just curious?

I work for All Childrens Hospital St. Pete Fl, in CNS/Data Proc.?

Argo

------------------
Hey hey hey Hee hee hee look at me I'm the flying pig?

A

Argo

ChrisB,

Did you see that article on msn.nbc about modfing evergreen seedlings w/ firefly and jellyfish protiens ( or something) to make a glow in the dark x-mas trees?
They had a pic of a mouse they injected, poor SOB is a walking nightlight!

Sorry for the change of subject!

------------------
Hey hey hey Hee hee hee look at me I'm the flying pig?

L

LaoChe

I work the fries at McDonald's. Now don't everyone start buggin' me to get them a job here. If I could get you a job, you'll have to start at the drive through and then work your way up to fries. But once you are here, you are set!

jjr512

jjr512

When I worked at McDonald's things worked a bit differently. I started in 1991, and the very first thing they trained me to do was fries. That is where they started everybody, in fact. Then they either got you into the grill area or the front line, and the drive-thru people where the best of the front-line people. I got into drive-thru. In fact, sometime after I became an assistant manager, we had at the store I worked the best drive-thru team in Maryland. In fact, we set the record for corporate-owned stores in the Baltimore Region for the most number of cars served in one hour, and that number was 162 cars. Yep, 162 cars in one hour.

Anyway, what I do now is replenish ATMs and other related services. Earlier today is was transporting $1,901,000 (US dollars) (due to security regulations I will not say the name of the company I work for, nor name any of their clients or ATM locations). It is for this job that I have recently ordered a Beretta 92 9mm. I expect to receive it in the middle of next week. I also wear a bullet-proof vest, and we ride in an armored Ford van (smaller than the usual armored truck and less conspicuous) with bullet-proof windows. This job gives a lot of overtime. For example, in this week, the first 3 days gave me 41 hours, so Thursday (today) and Friday are all overtime. I worked 11.5 hours today, so my total so far this week is 52.5 hours, so that is 40 hours regular pay and 12.5 hours at time-and-a-half.

------------------
jjr512 "The Terminator"
Justin J. Rebbert
[email protected]

Sir Flannel

Sir Flannel

Resident Curmudgeon
I service security systems for homes and businesses. Burg alarms, fire alarms, CCTV, access control, that kind of thing

------------------
If at first you don't succeed... skydivng is NOT for you!

L

LaoChe

I was just kidding jjr512. I did however work at Braum's for a total of 2 WEEKS! Man that job sucked!

And you sure did pick a pretty dangerous job. I would get that 9 and quite a few extra clips. And grenades wouldn't hurt either.

T

target

I'm a part-time computer tech at a commercial real estate company and a 2nd year computer engineering student.

H

harsh

Well, I used to run the largest F/A-18 avionics repair facility in the Navy, but due to Congress my base just closed down and I am will be reporting to the aircraft carrier USS Roosevelt next week. We repaired everything from the flight control computers to the HUD (heads up display). You know that thing in Top Gun that would "lock up" on an aircraft.

D

Doug Brown

I teach computer technology classes at a university... e.g., Technology in Education, stuff like that.

M

Mike T

I work as a service, repair, maintenance and installer in video survaillance for banking institutions, I cover 5.5 provinces in Canada all alone,the boss is in Toronto. I take care of the eastern part of Ontario,all of Quebec,New Brunswick,Nova Scotia,Prince Edward Island and Newfoundland. I love my job, see my boss twice a year and work probably a total of 3 months out of the year and I'm still paid for the rest of the time I'm at home. The wife loves it,christ she hasn't done any house work in over 2 years LOLOL

------------------

K

Kevin930

I get out every morning and stand by the freeway on-ramp, while holding up a sign that says, "will work for computer parts."

P

P944s

i´m a network technican in austria, Server wih NT 4.0 / 2000 (yeark !!) and Novell Netware 4.x - 5 (strike, best network os behind unix !!).

T

Toolbox

Quantum Physics
I'm a real life bum that doesn't do anything! I still live my parents now, I'm 25 and that isn't uncommon in my country. My parents support almost everyhting I do. Whenever I acquire a small or BIG project... all I have to do in return is buy my family a nice cake to eat after dinner. Both mine and my girlfriend's parents are colaborating to build us a house where we're going to live soon. We already own the property and just getting the house built is all we need from there.

Supporting her is the easy part because... you got it. Our parents have already put aside money for us to live on. It's just my choice if I want to get a job for the extra income.

That's life!

------------------
It Is Now Safe To Turn Off Your Computer™

D

Duckman

Just plain mean
Have anybody mentioned that youre SPOILED, Toolbox??
Well, about what I do for living.
I'm a computer engineer, repairing computers (mainly IBM and Toshiba), some networkadministration and so on. I recently became in charge of our logistics too, so there's plenty to do over here( xept right now
).

N

neildlb2

Analyst/Prog for mainframe applications. I am working on contract for a hardware/software company in Thailand.

Mikie

Mikie

Paralegal, Work the Computer Help desk for all the Legal Offices.
Also a full time student. And part time Computer builder, troubleshooter

Michael