What do you want?

Z

zippy!

Ok I am probably going to get some Mushkin RAM for the first shipment (128Mb) but what sort do you guys want?
There are heaps of differnt kinds, and I wanna get something which is going to appeal to a lot of people not just overclockers

If you have no Idea what I am talking about check this thread

------------------
Cost price computer parts www.spathi.com
(I'm not kidding)

2minkey

(i just added my email to the list too.)

i'd say, as far as processors, you might want to get some of the upper mid-range stuff, like 600E p3s, athlon 700s, i.e. with good performance but priced way under an 800mhz something.

maybe find out what geforce card here everybody wants, and order a crate of those too.

and some select abit boards. i'm not too current on them now so i won't make specific suggestions.

good luck.

S

snakej_777

i signed up yesterday...i get stuff cheap already but, hey if ya can get a deal on somethin...i'm there...i want high end 2-2-2 memory...128 meg sticks or bigger...non-ecc i don't think ecc is worth the cost...

Z

zippy!

thanks

it looks like well be getting some high end mushkin

i forget what the stuff is called exactly
high rev 2??

Psyduck

Psyduck

Thought most RAM is ECC nowadays,don't think I've ever had a stick that wasn't come to think of it, and I usually buy generic.

S

snakej_777

psyduck...really i see non-ecc all over the place and ecc is usually a couple bucks more per stick...is it worth the money? i don't know...i just want the monster fsb...above 155mhz....

O

OverclockingAddict

We all pretty much just want memory that can hit high bus speeds. PC-133 2-2-2 is a good choice. No one can go back after using 2-2-2.

Psyduck

Psyduck

I'm almost positive that the RAM I have n here is ECC as sandra shows the the ID's as ECC, but don't qoute me on that. I need to look at some catalogs again but I'm pretty sure that in the UK we don't really get a choice, it's usually always ECC.

Though I can't see the use of it. If it detects an error it just hangs the system, which it would most likely do with an error anyway.

H

Hikeon3

Danger to Functioning PCs
I agree with OCA. but only if it is cheap.

------------------
Are you suggesting that coconuts migrate?

Associates