What car do you drive?

Skywlkr79

Skywlkr79

Grand Poo-bah
'95 Chevy S10 4x4 4.3l v6

140k miles and going (but not quite as strong)

Has a hole in the exhaust pipe that makes it sound better than any FlowMaster I've heard.

greenfreak

greenfreak

It's not that bad. Anything faster, and I'd be dropping more than the $27.00 to fill the tank every few days at $2.39 a gallon. :eek:

jankerson

jankerson

Super Moderator
Originally posted by greenfreak
It's not that bad. Anything faster, and I'd be dropping more than the $27.00 to fill the tank every few days at $2.39 a gallon. :eek:

Hey I know what you mean I drive a 96 Sentra and that is all I need. :D

SaulTurnedPaul

SaulTurnedPaul

Hiking Member
I just paid off my 1999 Chevy Malibu V6. Decent car for my first.

Man, half of the cars you Brits have mentioned don't even sound remotely familiar. Either I need to pick up a car magazine or crawl out of my American hole and see some of the world. :)

ups4

ups4

I love driving my Jeep Liberty.
It's got a peppy 3.7L with 210 HP and just gets around nimbly.

I know real Jeep afficionados will scoff that the Liberty is not a "real" Jeep.
I would agree with them, but I needed a little more comfort than the Wrangler provides as I have about a 45 minute commute each way.

Paul

Leoslocks

Leoslocks

_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _
I drive a 99 E250 Ford Full size Van. This is my mobil shop.

My personal vehicle is a 1994 Toyota T-100 country cadillac (Pickup Truck). 3L V6 that was seriously hammered by the reviews for too little horse power and torque. The only problem there is the cruise control gets spastic on steep hills. I hope it last another 100K miles.

M

Martin_89

Originally posted by Leoslocks
I hope it last another 100K miles.
if its anything like the toyotas over here then dont worry, it will.

you guys get insurance soo cheap over there :(

I noticed some of your massive 3.0L + engines are only getting just over 200BHP, over here we have 2.0 putting out 200BHP+, we even have the Lancer Evo VIII putting out 400BHP from a 2.0!

RecklessLeper

RecklessLeper

Originally posted by Martin_89

I noticed some of your massive 3.0L + engines are only getting just over 200BHP, over here we have 2.0 putting out 200BHP+, we even have the Lancer Evo VIII putting out 400BHP from a 2.0!
Yeah, that's because engines designed for the US market are done so for durability, not power, hence you'll never see an Evo 8 that's done over 200k miles; a common figure on most Yank tanks ;)

wonderinguy34

wonderinguy34

Restless Nocturne
Actually its more for emissions/environment than durability,heck you used to be able to buy Yugos and they weren't reliable/durable.

F

F_A_L_C_O_N

99 Golf IV here, still going strong
100HP and some extra goodies on it

as for American and EU cars there really is a lot of difference as RecklessLeper allready pointed out.

Occasionally I drive Neon 2.0 over here and I dont like it too much even when its probably one of the better handling economy/mid-size American cars.

When I was in US I drove Pontiac Grand Am (older non-wide model) and later, Mitsubishi Galant, both of which were just perfect for those long never ending roads.

I am pretty sure I wouldnt be too happy driving my manual shift Golf on those roads.

jankerson

jankerson

Super Moderator
Yeah I like Automatics myself, with all the stop lights and traffic here a stick can be a real pain. :mad:

Leoslocks

Leoslocks

_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _
Automatics are so prevelant here in the States that a Manual Transmission is considered an Anti Theft Device. (Really)

R

Richard R.

Up until two years ago, I was driving an old 83 Ford van. Had over 300,000 miles on it believe it or not. And, I was not one to change oil regularly at all. Can't say I changed it at all for the last 100,000 miles on it either. LOL, just added a quart here and there.

The last two years I've been driving a 1990 Chevy van, LXseries20, Starcraft. Now has over 140,000 miles and still running strong. Last year had the transmission overhauled. This van loves to be driven. Costly it is on gas though.

Last edited:
M

Martin_89

my clio has 110,000 miles on the clock (yup i did mean 110 and not 10) which for a 3 year old car is crazy, and even more crazy considering its french!

Last edited:
TurtleMan

TurtleMan

Chelonian Member
'91 Chevy Camaro, 3.1L V6 (140HP), white, t-top. 181,000 miles and still purring.

t-man

W

woodman19_99

Grand Exalted Puba
Originally posted by Martin_89
my clio has 110,000 miles on the clock (yup i did mean 110 and not 10) which for a 2 year old car is crazy, and even more crazy considering its french!

I didn't realize French cars were made for durability... That is an INSANE amount of miles for a 2 yr old car... What was the previous owner doing with it?

Associates