What car do you drive?

rangeral

rangeral

Our Friend
Wow funny you should mention a falcon in australia cause my old man bought one when they first came out, after a few trips to florida I was driving it to the candy store, flashback.

M

Martin_89

biggest engine you see over here is a 2.5 V6 really and even that is rare, the odd 3.0 BMW or merc but mainly 1.2 upto 2.0 16V engines

CenturionStrategy

CenturionStrategy

Super Moderator
Yeah, the engines here tend to be a hell of a lot smaller and we've got a lot more Diesels than the states too. Even our X5's only have 3.0l engines.

rangeral

rangeral

Our Friend
If you guys are all diesel then your good candidates for cheap gas http://www.biodiesel.org/ , any diesel engine can run it straightaway.

All you need is vegetable oil if you have enough restaurants and a certain chemical to convert and your in business to setup anywhere on the cheap.

RecklessLeper

RecklessLeper

Ooh! Off topic, how novel :D I only hope it'll be a lot better than that shambles we call OTC... damn, did that place go downhill!

Anyway, back OT in OT, I own a 1993 Fiat Uno 1.0L IE Start.

Can't drive yet though as I've not passed my test (the shame of it, and I'm nearly 22 :eek:). Once I've passed, I'm gonna be on the lookout for a fairly sizeable motor - was in Nick's (CS) Golf last weekend and I crave one now, if only for that lush TDi unit :D

Marvt74

Marvt74

HWC Superpi Champion
Originally posted by rangeral
If you guys are all diesel then your good candidates for cheap gas http://www.biodiesel.org/ , any diesel engine can run it straightaway.

All you need is vegetable oil if you have enough restaurants and a certain chemical to convert and your in business to setup anywhere on the cheap.
Aye tis illegal over here though and due to the red exhaust fumes police know fairly quickly

F

F_A_L_C_O_N

Yep down here they actually run occasional side road "fuel control", though its mainly targeted at the transit truckers.

BTW its better to check whats legal in EU then bother with all the illegalities, much less searching needed :D

rangeral

rangeral

Our Friend
Bummer, over here the farming community wants to jump on it real bad plus cross country truckers want it as well.

krupted

krupted

even wille nelson is pushing for biodeisel:)

Honestly though, i really dont think the stuff matters a great deal. It will be nice to run the remainder of the deisel engines when they stop making them with the stuff, but in 50 years everything will be running on hydrogen fuel cells.... in most parts of the world anyway

jankerson

jankerson

Super Moderator
Hi Guys :D

Geeze I go away for a few hours and look what happened.....:eek:

I drive a 96 Sentra GXE.

S

Spruce_Guy

Hardware Hacker
My Car Is.....

I am currently driving my Vauxhall Calibra Turbo 4x4,

2.0lt 16v Redtop C20LET
HKS Super Power Flow Airfilter (Taken from kit for Skyline GTR)
HKS Super Sequential Dump Valve
HKS Irridium Race Spark Plugs
Full 3" Stainless Devil Exhaust System
Cool Running Thermostat Kit
Full Engine Rebuild Including Turbo 25,000 Miles Ago
Full Biltein Sprint Line Suspension Kit -40mm
17" Momo Quasar Alloys (Repainted in Silver With Metaflake)
Full Pioneer A/V Setup Inc PS2

Need To Get It On The Roller's !!

M

Martin_89

Re: My Car Is.....

Originally posted by Spruce_Guy
I am currently driving my Vauxhall Calibra Turbo 4x4,

2.0lt 16v Redtop C20LET
HKS Super Power Flow Airfilter (Taken from kit for Skyline GTR)
HKS Super Sequential Dump Valve
HKS Irridium Race Spark Plugs
Full 3" Stainless Devil Exhaust System
Cool Running Thermostat Kit
Full Engine Rebuild Including Turbo 25,000 Miles Ago
Full Biltein Sprint Line Suspension Kit -40mm
17" Momo Quasar Alloys (Repainted in Silver With Metaflake)
Full Pioneer A/V Setup Inc PS2

Need To Get It On The Roller's !!
and im scared of it! :D

i so want a 2.0 turbo ever since i got a run in it :)

chcr

chcr

lemme offa this ride!!!!!
Originally posted by JPNYC
I think you're younger than I am, Eric. And my car was "fuddy duddier" too.
LOL
'96 Contour here (4-cyl, auto, no power anything). I'd drive something even smaller but I got grandkids. I didn't look back to see what you're driving yet but is it fuddier duddier than that, JPNYC?

Edit: Ah, I see. Heh, should have guessed form the handle, huh?

Edit (what again?): Of course my other car is an 1100cc semi-antique motorcycle.

Last edited:
The*Q*

The*Q*

Been Around A While!
98 Jeep Cherokee

96 Bonneville ( my pride and joy) (150K miles and still going strong)

78 Camaro, nearly pro streeted.

greenfreak

greenfreak

Originally posted by woodman19_99
Currently driving a 2002 VW Passat 1.8T...
And I'm driving the 2004 version. You and I really do think alike, don't we? :D

I didn't fully know about the sludge issues with that VW engine until after I bought it but I'm taking preventative measures. Do you change the oil with synthetic? Use 93 octane?

Associates