What car do you drive?

Da_man

Da_man

Dementia Patient
with gas prices so high i've been driving this instead of my truck. (35mpg vs 9ish mpg)

'92 civic 4 door
'94 Acura Integra B18b1 Engine
ES poly bushings
FM 2-way alarm/remote start (not hooked up, manual trans)

i'm actually selling it (2k)

jankerson

jankerson

Super Moderator
I am still driving my truck. :)

Gas Mileage isn't really that bad at 19 MPG HWY with the A/C running and I only drive 20 miles one way to work, all but 5 miles is HWY. :D

dannyboy27

dannyboy27

Lazy
I had a ride in one of these last night, a BMW M3 E46.

I'm not normally a fan of Beemers but this thing was just incredible. 340bhp from a normally aspirated 3.2 engine, and the noise it makes would frighten the devil himself. And, as you'd expect, God it was fast. Despite all that though, it still averages 25mpg. That's German engineering for you. :)

jankerson

jankerson

Super Moderator
dannyboy27 said:

I'm not normally a fan of Beemers but this thing was just incredible. 340bhp from a normally aspirated 3.2 engine, and the noise it makes would frighten the devil himself. And, as you'd expect, God it was fast. Despite all that though, it still averages 25mpg. That's German engineering for you. :)

Don't discount BMW's. :)

The 5 series are really nice, it's only the maintance costs that really hinder buying one.

They say it's something like $1500 a year to maintain them, just normal maintance. :eek:

dannyboy27

dannyboy27

Lazy
yeah even if I could afford a car like that, there's no way I could afford the servicing costs, or even a set of tyres for it :(

jankerson

jankerson

Super Moderator
dannyboy27 said:
yeah even if I could afford a car like that, there's no way I could afford the servicing costs, or even a set of tyres for it :(

Yeah really, the tires for my truck are $160 each and that is bad enough, I am just glad they are good high mileage tires. :)

dannyboy27

dannyboy27

Lazy
jankerson said:
Don't discount BMW's. :)
I know they're very good cars technically, but they have a bit of a dodgy image over here, unfortunately a lot of them are driven by either

a) housewives whose wealthy husbands bought it for them. These are never driven over 30mph, the wife just wants to look good in it.

b) arrogant salesmen who expect everyone to get out of their way because, well it's their road isn't it? ;)

I know it's unfair to generalise, as there are idiots driving every brand of car, but BMW certainly has its share. As I said though, damn good cars :)

jankerson

jankerson

Super Moderator
dannyboy27 said:
I know they're very good cars technically, but they have a bit of a dodgy image over here, unfortunately a lot of them are driven by either

a) housewives whose wealthy husbands bought it for them. These are never driven over 30mph, the wife just wants to look good in it.

b) arrogant salesmen who expect everyone to get out of their way because, well it's their road isn't it? ;)

I know it's unfair to generalise, as there are idiots driving every brand of car, but BMW certainly has its share. As I said though, damn good cars :)
Yeah that is true, there are plenty of cars that have that rep, truck and SUVs too.

It mostly the people behind the wheel that are the problem and it wouldn't really matter what they are driving really because they would do the same things. :rolleyes:

D

dmm

Linda's verbal backstop
jankerson said:
Yeah that is true, there are plenty of cars that have that rep, truck and SUVs too.

It mostly the people behind the wheel that are the problem and it wouldn't really matter what they are driving really because they would do the same things. :rolleyes:
I WAS going to chime in say that we have a 2003 Ford Excursion and a 2004 Dodge Dakota SXT.

Then I read J's post above and just figured I would keep it to myself he-he :)

Dave

CenturionStrategy

CenturionStrategy

Super Moderator
dannyboy27 said:

I really want one of those as my next car :)

Martin_89 said:
new wheels :)...

16" Speedline Turini's (From Clio 172Cup, with renault centre caps)

IMAGE 1
IMAGE 2
IMAGE 3
:eek: Those look awesome - how much did they set you back?

Martin_89 said:
na never seen it but my mate told me about it.

i passed my driving test today :D done 100 miles, and used about £15 worth of petrol, which isnt to bad since the poor thing was getting a severe hammering LOL
Here it is mate: Video of cleaning an MC12 :)

dannyboy27 said:
Had a look in Auto Trader and I could buy one for about what my A3 is worth, it just comes down to whether I could afford the running costs as I think it's a 4.2 litre V8. I am very tempted though.
An RS4 shot past me on a French Peáge over the weekend. It must have been doing close to 150mph - the noise it made was phenomenal :cool:.

agw_01

agw_01

Modified Member
Yeah it's me again! I promise I'll start posting here again more frequently.

Anyway, here's how my car looks at the moment...

http://img138.imageshack.us/my.php?image=1ta3.jpg

http://img138.imageshack.us/my.php?image=2zj8.jpg

http://img201.imageshack.us/my.php?image=3xq2.jpg

Quite a lot has changed since the last pictures. I fancied a change and so got my hands on a Coupe front bumper and re-designed my grille by cutting out the central tooth and spraying it body colour. Personally, I think the car looks so agressive from the front... just going to get a splitter to finish it off.

Other mods are, the 16" MG Hairpin alloy wheels, 3.5" Scorpion backbox and full system with de-cat, it also has a full MG ZR half leather interior with red seat bolster inserts and I've also fitted a rear strut brace which has improved the handling no-end.

I'm currently saving up for its respray, because as you can see, I went a bit OTT with the filler and primer :D

After the bodywork has been done, I'll upgrade the brakes, fit a front strut brace and change to some performance suspension struts. That'll be it for a while, until later next year when I do my turbo conversion.

Thank god for pay rises at work!

A

Alexkho

1998 Honda civic HX (Pre Hybrid)
average drive i get 30 to 40mpg
thanks to the CVT gearbox
and the lean burn technology

M

Martin_89

agw_01 said:
Yeah it's me again! I promise I'll start posting here again more frequently.
Grandpa's back with with his big engined zimmer hehe ;) only kidding mate its faster than mine, so whats happening with the respray, same colour or going for a change?

agw_01

agw_01

Modified Member
haha Martin :D

Staying the same colour. Can't afford/be bothered with the the hassle of informing the DVLA if I change colour.

And you don't see too many 200 3 door hatches in this colour... in fact, I've only seen 2 others. Also, it looks fantastic when polished up, being metallic.

Did a bit of work on it today. Where I'd previously sanded down and primed the doors, it had started to rust through, so I got rid of the rust and coated it in Hammerite. In a few days, I'll get a tin of 'charcoal' spray paint and spray it on. Not really bothered if it's a crap job, as it's only a temporary fix to stop it rusting until it goes into the bodyshop.

Next weekend should be fun though.. my manifold to downpipe gasket has split again and a bit of it has fallen into the downpipe, causing it to vibrate and rattle at low revs... so the entire downpipe has to come off so that I can get this piece of metal out. Balls!

Last edited:

Associates