What car do you drive?

dannyboy27

dannyboy27

Lazy
my sentiments exactly. The Audi S4 is a 4-door, but I'd still sell my lungs for one ;)

Kaman, unfortunately there is no English translation of muscle car as we just don't have them in this country (unless they are imported US or Australian cars). Fuel has always been way too expensive in Europer for big, lazy V8 engines. :(

Andy, you can't just say you're getting a new car and not tell us what it is!! Out with it, man :)

T

Toolbox

Quantum Physics
Just to follow up another thread I just made... in spite of just crashing on my motorcycle, I currently in the process of building a new bike. Originally, this bike would be a 2006 KTM 640 LC4 but I'm doing a few things to make it even better. Below, you will find the original state of the bike and underneath that, is a Photoshop job I did of the what the bike will look like when I'm done:

http://www.divetristar.net/aprilia/0163.jpg

http://www.divetristar.net/aprilia/0162s.jpg

I'm changing the following:

Tires, rims, brakes, forks, exhaust system, swingarm, tail section and shaving off about 10 kilos of other parts.

What I'm tryuing to do is build the ultimate SuperMotard in the world. I've already done this once with a one of a kind 2001 Aprilia RSV Mille R. Now, I'm going to build the worlds coolest LC4. :)

agw_01

agw_01

Modified Member
dannyboy27 said:
Andy, you can't just say you're getting a new car and not tell us what it is!! Out with it, man :)
Well seeing as how you asked so nicely...

Front Passenger side Drivers side Rear Close up

A Rover 220 GSi (the grey one).

What can I say, it's an animal. A hell of a step up from the 214. The engine just goes and goes. I've peeved off quite a few people in expensive cars so far :D I think having a shorter ratio gearbox then standard helps though. My friend with the white 220 in the above pictures said it's so much quicker than his off the line.

It's absolutely rapid and I'm absolutely chuffed!

Bit of a bargain too... I sold my 214 for £350... anyone want to guess how much I paid for the GSi?

Last edited:
Luis G

Luis G

Natural Disaster
Renault Clio 2005.
1.6l (gasoline)
A/C, ABS, air bags, the whole thing.

I bought it in november 2004 and I've put 7700km on it *shrug*

dannyboy27

dannyboy27

Lazy
looks sweet Andy, you must be well chuffed. I didn't get my grubby paws on anything bigger than a 1.8 until I was 28 (although that was a 2.5 ;) )

What does the 2.0 chuck out, is it about 140bhp? I bet it would show that stupid 1-series BMW in the background a thing or two ;)

M

Martin_89

Luis G said:
Renault Clio 2005.
1.6l (gasoline)
A/C, ABS, air bags, the whole thing.
that a late 2005 mk2 or the new heavy mk3?

andy looking good, any mods planned? sort the suspension out first and then the brakes unless they are more than up to the job. make the car so much faster when corners are involved.

mine isnt going anywhere today...
IMAGE 1
IMAGE 2

Luis G

Luis G

Natural Disaster
Martin_89 said:
that a late 2005 mk2 or the new heavy mk3?

andy looking good, any mods planned? sort the suspension out first and then the brakes unless they are more than up to the job. make the car so much faster when corners are involved.

mine isnt going anywhere today...
IMAGE 1
IMAGE 2
It is a Clio II, I'll take some pics later and post them.

agw_01

agw_01

Modified Member
Cheers Danny. Yeah I love it mate, so much fun to drive. It just goes and goes.

I've embarrased quite a few things off the lights and had some guy in an Accord 2.2 acting like a pratt through busy traffic trying to get away from me.

I acted like a bit of a chav though last night (I'm not a chav though, so don't worry :p). Went to the supermarket to get a few bits (this was at 11:30pm) and saw a chavved up Corsa and Fiesta at the far end of the car park. Just to get their attention I drove past them slowly, turned round and went back lighting up my tyres in first gear.

I think I got their attention though, as when I got to the lights down the road they came up behind me revving their puny little engines :D Needless to say, after glancing around for traffic cops, I think I put a grin on their faces after booting it from the lights... they never did catch up.

It's quite a nice performer though. 136bhp, 140lb/ft of torque I think, 8.2 seconds to 60 and it's geared for almost 140mph.

I think my car has a different gearbox though, as my friend with the white 220 in the pictures says mine is much quicker than his. Feels slow now that I've got used to it though.

I'm going to get a G-Meter to time it properly, but 0-30 is very very very quick. And 70-110 takes little time at all. Definitely a worthwhile upgrade :cool: Just going to have to take it easy with the extra power and weight at the front. Don't want to have an accident.

Martin, I had organised to fit the suspension last Sunday but had to call it off due to the weather. The GSi has shorter and stiffer springs as standard and you can tell the difference straight away. Feel ever bump and there's very little bodyroll over country roads. Brakes wise, it's got 262mm vented discs up front and 238mm solids at the rear (214 standard brakes, lol) coupled with ABS so it does have quite a bit of stopping power.

Mods wise... let's see... suspension, 282mm front brake conversion, stainless exhaust, downpipe, de-cat and manifold, enclosed induction kit (BMC CDA), magnecor leads, got some 17" 5 spokes in mind, mild tinted windows (I think charcoal cars look awesome with a nice set of tinted windows)... I think that's mainly it. Oh, almost forgot the front and rear upper strut braces and the bottom rear brace. They'll tighten the car up loads!

Oh, I'll also be getting the few patches of rust sorted out professionally as well. So, when it's all done, it'll be one very smart and mint looking car. :)

Last edited:
M

Martin_89

sounds cool mate should be mint when its all done whats the paint like compaired to your old car apart from the rust patches, pretty good condition too?

agw_01

agw_01

Modified Member
Just a quick update from me...

220 is now lowered! :D First weekend in April, I went over to my mates (white Rover in the pics) to do it. A few seized bolts and drill bits later and we were done.

Pics are here

Secondly, the 214 is no more :(

Just heard that the guy who bought it off me decided it would look better on its roof.

He says he was reversing down a lane, rear of the car drifted, back wheel went up a verge and it flipped.

So he flipped it while reversing... probably driving like a total retard. I knew it was going to happen though. First time I was in the car with him I knew it wouldn't last long.

Smashed

Lighter version

People have said to me "ah well, why does it bother you?" This just winds me up even more. I spent the last year getting the car perfect... services every 6,000 miles, I must have spent around £600 on the car. It was my pride and joy, only for some careless idiot to come along and completely destroy it.

I'll never sell another car to a mate again.

dannyboy27

dannyboy27

Lazy
nice photos mate, artistic angled shots are the way forward. :)

it certainly does look lowered, looks like a Citroen without the engine running ;)

that's a fecker about the old 214 though, I know exactly what you mean. If you'd sold it as scrap, or a banger, you wouldn't give a sh1t, but because you took some pride in it it's fookin annoying when some numbnuts totals it a week later. :mad:

I'm having naughty thoughts again. Should really be happy with this A3, but I was walking down the street last week and an Audi S8 shot past with throttles wide open, and the sound was just unbelievable, very similar to a Rolls-Royce Merlin-engined Spitfire flying overhead. I want one :)

Had a look in Auto Trader and I could buy one for about what my A3 is worth, it just comes down to whether I could afford the running costs as I think it's a 4.2 litre V8. I am very tempted though.

M

Martin_89

dannyboy27 said:
4.2 litre V8
couldnt afford to run a V6 alfa so starts having thoughts about a V8 hehe ;)

little update on my end too...

spent £50 on meguiars car cleanin products and heres the result...

IMAGES

CenturionStrategy

CenturionStrategy

Super Moderator
Martin_89 said:
couldnt afford to run a V6 alfa so starts having thoughts about a V8 hehe ;)

little update on my end too...

spent £50 on meguiars car cleanin products and heres the result...

IMAGES

Nice one mate! Looks like it's made of glass :cool:

M

Martin_89

cheers mate, im quite happy with how it turned out :)

some of the guys from ClioSport.net are arranging a Scottish car detailing day where there will be some guys with PC polishers giving the cars a polish for a small fee! so should be getting a PC polish soon :)

how you enjoying your car btw?

dannyboy27

dannyboy27

Lazy
nice work fella. Car polishing is a major ball-ache but well worth it.

Did you see Fifth Gear the other night, with the Scottish guy polishing that Maserati MC12 for a rich client? If you thought Meguairs and Zaino were expensive, this Maserati was cleaned with carnauba wax which costs something like £400 a pot. And that was just for starters. Once he'd spent about 3 hours making the car look like new again, the guy started rubbing it down with a clay bar which managed to find and remove all this dirt which is still on the car, but which the human eye can't see.

Finally he got this buffing wheel thingy, and buffed some super-expensive cream into the paintwork to really make it gleam, it was pretty impressive. I think the whole cleaning job cost more than my car is worth :)

M

Martin_89

na never seen it but my mate told me about it.

i passed my driving test today :D done 100 miles, and used about £15 worth of petrol, which isnt to bad since the poor thing was getting a severe hammering LOL

Associates