What car do you drive?

M

Martin_89

F_A_L_C_O_N said:
Something for Martin :)

Seen this one selling on a local car site:Renault Clio 3.0 RS V 6

BTW guy wants €13.500 for 2001 model, which in a way doesnt sound to unreasonable, considering you basically get true sports car with center mounted engine, 250HP and power to weight ratio of: 179.29 bhp/ton.
NIIIIIIICE!

facelift model is cooler though, IMAGE

sadly they have stoped making it now, and arn't making a V6 model of the new shape clio :( ive got a video here of one racing a modded Integra Type R and a Ford focus RS, pretty cool :cool:

F

F_A_L_C_O_N

Heh I later found out why the price is relatively reasonable, lets just say it has seen the road up close and personal sliding on its left side :p

Yep the one in blue with the face lift does look better. Must be pretty impressive car to drive, especially with that 3L engine behind you, probably feels a bit like driving a baby Ferrari.

BTW just seen Top Gear with Clarkson avoiding being shoot, I wonder how he would do in the Clio the first time around.

M

Martin_89

lol yeah thats a good top gear that 1 in the merc SLR and a porsche boxter isnt he? would be interesting to see it in the V6 clio :D

mine is up at my mates getting a new clutch fitted as we speak [Jacked Up & Engine Dropped down]

Edit: hows the coupe btw? you enjoying it? :D

CenturionStrategy

CenturionStrategy

Super Moderator
F_A_L_C_O_N said:
BTW just seen Top Gear with Clarkson avoiding being shoot, I wonder how he would do in the Clio the first time around.
Lol, that was a great episode. I imagine that he'd do pretty well in a Clio 182 ;). It's cool that you get Top gear out there - there's not really that much lag in it at all. I think we only saw that episode a few months back.

M

Martin_89

yeah 182 would be impressive to dodge everything! and yeah i didnt think you guys would get it

edit: and for those that dont know what a 182 is ;) LINK
Autocar called it the "World's Greatest Hot Hatch". Evo called it the "Best Hot Hatch Ever".

F

F_A_L_C_O_N

Top Gear is actually on BBCWorld (standard part of your typical cable program scheme). For some reason they are lagging behind. I especially like the conclusion: "so this test proved nothing", "yeah but it was fun" :p

Coupe is great, you kinda plan every trip you make to include nice curvy road.Tyres do make all the difference, car really sticks to the road, so I am actually a bit worried how will it do in winter when I go back to 15"/195, if I dont adjust my driving accordingly.
Oh and still not sure exactly what to do to a guy, who scratched the hood with a key. If I ever find out who he was, that is.
You would think with all those expensive 4WDs around Coupe would kinda blend in, but obviously someone thought differently and decided to leave his mark :mad:.
Insurance will cover it though.

BTW nice radio you have there Martin. I will go with more humble Pioneer DEH-5730 though. For now at least Ill stick with the original speakers and no Amp so it should do just fine.
ATM I have Kenwood in there, dealer gave me for free, not too bad, amazingly enough beats my previous Sony, especially when it comes to bass, different picture with high tones though, up the volume and you get your typical "shriek" :) .

Last edited:
M

Martin_89

thats terrible that some one keyed the car! be some jelous guy!

yeah the pioneer units are really good, i fitted one for my mate that looks near enough the same as the one your getting but was green, a DEH-P5700MP

mine is still on standard speakers with no amp for now and it still sounds pretty impressive for what it is, its a tweeter & Driver set up as standard so better than some. probably change them soon though.

F

F_A_L_C_O_N

Looking at the Clio I realized it would look good with lambo doors, not that I encourage you to do this ;)

click

Oh and thats great to hear Pioneer is able to produce good sound without an Amp, because if at all possible I would rather not have my car full of stuff someone might then rip the car apart to get to ;)

Last edited:
M

Martin_89

lol yeah dont want anyone to brake in and nick your amps. my pionner has a 4x50watt amp (thats not RMS, think its like 27watts RMS) and it sounds great on my standard speakers and is really loud at quarter volume (then my speakers distort :D)

LOL @ the lambo doors, looks quite cool but costs too much to do to a 1.2 clio :D typical of K-Tec to try the idea though, ive ordered a couple of things from them, cool guys.

digital-madman

digital-madman

Linux Supporter
Three Cars here:

1995 Dodge Interpid
1987 Firebird Formula 305
1978 Firebird Grand Trans Am 350

S

SeeKo

2000 Pontiac Trans Am WS6
2000 Dodge Ram 1500 Laramie 4x4

And my current project car...

1952 Ford Falcon Futura

F

F_A_L_C_O_N

LOL I dont think Americans will like this, just seen the repeat of the last episode of Top Gear on BBC world with

Jeremy Clarksons take on words best selling car:

Ford F150 lightning

"So, what IS the world's best selling car? Well, the title gives the game away a bit, but still, we think you will agree, it's a bit of a surprise to find out that it's a car you may well never have heard of. But it's also a surprise that the world's favourite car is a Ford. And that it's a pick-up truck.

But what is truly the biggest surprise of all, is that the world's best-selling car is pretty hopeless. Although we do accept that the F150 isn't really made for the UK it's also suffering from a rather large dose of "American build quality". So, basically, the inside looks like it's fashioned out of old melted boots, and none of the trim fits properly.

The 380bhp engine is the same as the one you get in the Ford GT. Which means it can propel you to 60mph in 5.8 seconds. Which, let's face it, is remarkable. What is slightly worrying is that for a car with that much power, it seems a little badly made. So, it's entirely possible that while you are whooping and hollering about how fast your truck can go, you won't have noticed that the steering wheel has come off in your hands and that you are, in fact, heading for a ravine."

And trust me this is rather toned down version of what his in show comments were like, especially the one where he said the worst car he ever drove was a certain Russian jeep in Saigon, WAS :D

M

Martin_89

lol you gotta love clarkson, i thought it was funny in one episode where he said american cars dont belong over here because we have a thing called "the corner" and american cars cant go round them! or when he was in some car and every time he done somthing it "bonged" when he opened teh door "BONG" when he pressed buttons "BONG" would drive me crazy!

CenturionStrategy

CenturionStrategy

Super Moderator
F_A_L_C_O_N said:
LOL I dont think Americans will like this, just seen the repeat of the last episode of Top Gear on BBC world with

Jeremy Clarksons take on words best selling car:

Ford F150 lightning

"So, what IS the world's best selling car? Well, the title gives the game away a bit, but still, we think you will agree, it's a bit of a surprise to find out that it's a car you may well never have heard of. But it's also a surprise that the world's favourite car is a Ford. And that it's a pick-up truck...
I watched that episode, the guy is a comic genius :D

I had an F150 following me the other day on the way to work - was great watching it trying to squeeze down tight roads and past parked cars. Must be an absolute nightmare to drive something like that around here. ESPECIALLY with the cost of fuel in the UK too :eek:

nodnod

nodnod

Dismember
MuFu said:
I still think having the majority of the population with their dominant hand on the wheel is a good idea though.
I disagree. I think it's better to have you dominant hand free. People tend to do more than hold the steering wheel when driving... ie coffe cup, cell phone, food, radio etc... so if your dominant hand is free it requires less concentration to do a task with your dominant hand meaning that you don't pay as much attention to changing the radio station as you are to steering.

F

F_A_L_C_O_N

I dont know if you were kidding, but anyway I agree.

First of all having both hands on the wheel at all times is prefarable and you will see really good drivers, talking about racing community here, will do so instinctively even in every day life.
Still we all know ther are countless reason why we drive with one hand and if thats the situation, then IMO, having dominant hand free is much more likely to get you out of dangerous situation then vice versa.
Basically dominant hand is the one doing the intial response and, since the other hand allready screwed up :) - joke -, you will have the better of the two options for that first reaction where the most precision is required.
In emergency situations its usually the sudden evading manoeuver thats required and if there is only one hand on a steering its in the wrong position to make the full turn, so it has to be the free hand reacting to save the day.
Thats why professional drivers like high ranking security personnel or racing drivers will always use one hand over another when driving into the corner.

Last edited:
M

Martin_89

got myself some diadem indicator bulbs today, they still flash orange so are totaly legal but when not flashing they glow a cool blue colour, you can see them up the top of my headlights.

i also got a free set of phillips BlueVision sidelights with my order from powerbulbs.co.uk its a deal there doing, in the pictures the phillips bulb is in the left headlight and the standard one is in the right one, you can hardly see the difference during the day time but they are a lot brighter at night.

anyway heres some pics....
IMAGE 1
IMAGE 2

Associates