What brought you to HWC?

Justintime

Justintime

Stable pcs mean less work for my type.. bring back Windows ME and jumpered motherboards :D

G

Gradlock

butchsor said:
K7, The longest thread, and a guy/gal named POLARIS:confused:
Wasn't that a user that caused some HUGE flame wars/thread/debates when they originally had the Off-Topic forum? If it is I think I remeber during one of those insanely LONG debates finally someone posted "I can't believe it! We actually talker him/her to death!"
Was a shame that forum got closed shortly afterwards because the moderators were sick of how quickly all the posts got out of control and personal.
I used to go by Grimlock but forgot my login and had to create a new one. No longer had the email address I created it with. Got started back in the day when I had an AMD K6-2 and a 8G hard drive was considered plenty. In those days I posted A LOT and had plenty of questions since I was a complete newbie and was figuring everything out along the way. Came across the site by doing a search.
Lots of good moderators and senior members here. Remember when ToolBox was quite active on here but I guess when you have a family that takes up plenty of time. Felt bad when I read that RangerAl had passed away. Very good guy.
Incident that's burned into my memory was a user who got carried away one time too many with his posts and finally took it too far. Got suspended and when a moderator decided he could come back under certain conditions his response was so nasty he got banned permanently.
Things have really reallly changed. It is a lot slower here than the Windows 95 days.

Admin

Admin

Administrator
Staff member
Lots less problems in newer versions of windows :) You could've emailed me and I would've helped you get back into your original account.

Gato_Solo1

Gato_Solo1

Gradlock said:
Wasn't that a user that caused some HUGE flame wars/thread/debates when they originally had the Off-Topic forum? If it is I think I remeber during one of those insanely LONG debates finally someone posted "I can't believe it! We actually talker him/her to death!"
Was a shame that forum got closed shortly afterwards because the moderators were sick of how quickly all the posts got out of control and personal.
You're thinking of wdeep(?)...

fury

fury

Super Memberator
Gato_Solo1 said:
You're thinking of wdeep(?)...
Same guy that was the only one to ever get banned from OCN?

I forget exactly how I got here, but judging from my signup date, it was probably something like... Q3arena.com (Quake 3 discussion board, first board I ever signed up at) -> Force3d.com (Q3arena/HWC/misc outcasts board) -> HWC

Either that or one of the ICQ groups related to the three...

ThePerson98

ThePerson98

My brother started up plenty of fun trouble on here and got himself banned, he was targeting Shinma, and thank god Rangeral came on in and banned his bum, his account was Wolvenmoon I think.

R

Rich

Females are probably in the habit of not mentioning their gender, lest they're singled out and inundated by unattached (or not) guys pampering them, defending them and being "extra" nice to them, aka: seedy.

If I recall, I did an AltaVista search (yes, there was another search engine, other than Google!) for a particular problem I had in 1999 (incidentally, the rash has cleared up :p), got the answer but discovered there were other questions I could answer, so I joined up and helped out.
Yeah, one of my old HWC friends turned out to be a hot chick. I will never say who.
Not that it mattered because I was already married, but interesting just the same.
A female hardware junkie who likes to play video games and drink hard booze, every mans dream girl.

Admin

Admin

Administrator
Staff member
If she liked hockey and football on top of those, she'd REALLY be a dream girl.

D

digitaldog

Still here!
I arrived here back in 2000 needing help with a Matrox, IIRC, graphics card for my Olivetti PC. The atmoshere here was a little different back then especially in the OT forum. I remember big battles between JJR512 and others but there were a lot of good things about the OT where everybody could let off some steam, it just got kinda out of hand in the end and then most of us went off in different directions however this place is like a magnet, eventually most 'older' members come back to see if it is still active and, although some might not admit it, are pleased to see it still here and still doing what it does best and that's help out those needing help and in return, hopefully, those helped stick around and help others.

DD:)

TaNG

TaNG

Ya go onto the MMORPGs and any girls get stalked and bugged on there.

I know on Guild Wars people will pay the girl characters to take all their armor off so they're in bra and undies and use their dance emote. One of my friends made a female character and raised money that way.
Haha! That's so true, when I first started playing GW I let my girlfriend create my character and guys would follow me around, offering money, helping me do quests, and giving me flowers and stuff.

I can't remember how I stumbled here, but good times for sure. The HWC members gallery made by Bink... That weird guy with all the RAM, haha he was good value. What's his name again? AlwaysEnoughTRAM or something?

H

hagawaga

In the early '00s the Intel- AMD dispute was pretty fun to follow on this site.

I got a lot of usefull info on building computers from this site, mostly by searching the site. I built/rebuilt a few computers since 2002.
I remember around 2000, I had an HP computer that had some issues, I called them, they determined that it was something wrong with the harddrive. They offered to ship one to me, they asked if I can replace it. I said.... no.

My best catch from this site so far: the windows 7 software from the "New efficiency" event. Thanks!

Huge

Huge

Why am I still doing up?
Yeah, one of my old HWC friends turned out to be a hot chick. I will never say who.
Not that it mattered because I was already married, but interesting just the same.
A female hardware junkie who likes to play video games and drink hard booze, every mans dream girl.
I HATE you!!! :mad: :D

S

s2010

Hello, old pal Huge. I joined back in 98. That was a long time ago. Hope fury isn't still mad at me.

Hope you are doing well. Bye.

Associates