Web Browser Recommendation (Mozilla Firefox or Google Chrome)

G

ggalv

I have always used Internet Explorer as my web brower, mainly because it gets automatically updated with security patches. But I think it is a little slow.

I am trying to somehow speed up my internet experience and considering Mozilla Firefox or Google Chrome. Do you guys have any recommendations on which one to use?

Thanks

ThePerson98

ThePerson98

I use Mozilla Firefox, though I really like Google Chrome and recommend it to most people looking for a nice browser. If you like Internet Explorer, Chrome will be the easiest to try first, since it feels very similar to IE.

Huge

Huge

Why am I still doing up?
Chrome! Got tire of FF's naming scheme. OMG, Chrome is up to v22 and we're only upto v4. Etc.

Steve R Jones

Steve R Jones

Administrator
You can install all of the browsers and try em out to see which one works best for you;)

DanceMan

DanceMan

Procrastinating Member
FF for me. The key to me is the ability to configure it to how I want it to operate with add-ons. Adblock Plus, NoScript, and Tab Mix Plus, Roomy Bookmarks Toolbar, and also Remove It Permanently are the important ones.

I have it set so that almost everything opens in a new tab. As for speed, if you're not loading and opening a lot of ads and flash, pages load faster.

If you're just going to use a browser the way it came, who cares which one? Other than being an ad source for Google, perhaps.

SpywareDr

SpywareDr

I currently have IE, Firefox and Chrome opened up on my screens. I'm download from TechNet in IE, Firefox is what I use to surf Support sites, and Chrome has my Gmail.

For me I guess it's kinda like renting a car. I don't really care what it is, as long as it's clean and works like it should. <shrug> :)

Associates