Water on Mars!

O

ol' man

workin fingas to the bone
There is for sure frozen water on mars.

What they are trying to figure out is if there was ever flowing or liquid water.

Shadowfax

Shadowfax

Originally posted by CenturionStrategy
LOL... and I believe we have hit the gutter :D
and there i am...still clicking those links :D

curiousity is such a strong thing...

Martin_89

Martin_89

ive seen the top one before but it still makes me laugh, the paris hilton one is good too.

TaNG

TaNG

So if there is ice on Mars, can they do that thing they did on Total Recall where they had huge heaters and melted the ice to create air?

chcr

chcr

lemme offa this ride!!!!!
Originally posted by TaNG
So if there is ice on Mars, can they do that thing they did on Total Recall where they had huge heaters and melted the ice to create air?
Umm... no.;)

krupted

krupted

well theyre almost positive water used to flow, there are too many valleys and channels up there, there really coulnt be another explination.

we would stand a much greater chance of colonizing mars if there is huge glaciers still frozen underneath the caps....

Pipewrench

Pipewrench

Follower of Christ
Originally posted by krupted
well theyre almost positive water used to flow, there are too many valleys and channels up there, there really coulnt be another explination.
Sure there could. It's called wind, and sand. :D

O

ol' man

workin fingas to the bone
From a geologists point of view channels like those found on mars could be formed also by lava channels. The moon for instance has the same kind of channels that look just like a river flowed there once but in fact it was a lava river. Methane and other liquified gasses can flow also forming channels like that.

Here are some channels found on Titan that is much too cold for water to flow.

Here are some lava channels on the moon.

http://www.chabotspace.org/vsc/exhibits/planetlands/braidedstream/learnmore.asp