Wake up America!

jankerson

jankerson

Super Moderator
With the economy being as bad as it is now and unemployment numbers much worse than the media would have you believe all they are doing is making things worse. :mad:

They just passed a smoking ban in all restaurants and bars here in NC. :rolleyes:

All the people who I talked too that WORKED in the restaurants etc said they are going to lose a lot of business and the waiters and waitresses and bartenders will lose a ton of money in tips.

It's a well known fact that smokers tip much better than non smokers.

DanceMan

DanceMan

Procrastinating Member
They just passed a smoking ban in all restaurants and bars here in NC.

All the people who I talked too that WORKED in the restaurants etc said they are going to lose a lot of business and the waiters and waitresses and bartenders will lose a ton of money in tips.
We went through that years ago here in Vancouver. Life goes on; people still have to eat and they still drink, and they still tip. But fewer smoke. Smoking killed two of the older guys at work.

jankerson

jankerson

Super Moderator
We went through that years ago here in Vancouver. Life goes on; people still have to eat and they still drink, and they still tip. But fewer smoke. Smoking killed two of the older guys at work.

That's not here in NC, in my area. :)

This is a very tough area for restaurants, not many survive for very long unless they are chains, even simple things like a slight change in the menu can put one under. It's happened a lot here like that.

I remember one of the chains went to non smoking early and it went from being extremely busy to a ghost town overnight. ;)

What really gets on my nerves is that it passed by one vote and the media always seems to state well it worked just fine in New York and in California........

New York and California are not the standard here in the US as some seem to believe.

equinoxe3d

equinoxe3d

It's a well known fact that smokers tip much better than non smokers.
But they die sooner and end up tipping less in the long run :p ;)

I remember one of the chains went to non smoking early and it went from being extremely busy to a ghost town overnight.
That's why it has to be enforced everywhere at the same time, otherwise it's pretty much commercial suicide (especially for bars).

jankerson

jankerson

Super Moderator
But they die sooner and end up tipping less in the long run :p ;)

That's why it has to be enforced everywhere at the same time, otherwise it's pretty much commercial suicide (especially for bars).

Not all the time they don't, most of my blood relatives lived to be in their late 80's or older and they all smoked. That's well above the National ave. ;)

Cancer is hereditary, that's a PROVEN fact so if one has cancer in their family then it's extremely possible they will come down with it. Smoking has nothing at all to do with that either.

There are thousands of people who die every year from different forms cancer who never smoked in their lives, and I am not talking about just lung cancer either.

Look at Patrick Swayze, he smoked 5 packs a day for most of his life, but his cancer had NOTHING to do with smoking.

I am just trying to be realistic here, I am not saying that smoking is a good idea, as it's not, but the whole issue is political and has gotten way out of hand.

The anti-smoking lobby has a lot of political backing, most of it is just smoke and mirrors as they need something for people to blame on everything and take their minds off the other things going on.

We are talking about peoples rights here, every time they ban something they are taking away peoples rights, and that paves the way for the next thing they will go after taking away something else.

Remember the old saying:

The road to ruin is paved with good intentions.

What that means is some may think they are doing the right thing, but before you know it things get out of hand and the ball just keeps rolling along causing more problems than ever before.

Before we know it the Government will control every aspect of our lives if we keep letting all of this go on, it needs to stop before that happens and all of us are nothing more than slaves. We are heading that way.

Associates