VisionTEk Closing their doors

jankerson

jankerson

Super Moderator
http://www.hardocp.com/article.html?art=MzM5

While VisionTek experienced some problems earlier this year with financial debt, it was thought that all was going well for this U.S. based company from Northern Illinois. We have come to find out this weekend that all is far from well at one of our fave VidCard builders. It seems as though VisionTek is in utter financial shambles and a trustee has been appointed to come in and liquidate all the assets of the company.

D

Dr. Data

Enron, WorldCom, Kmart, AoL,Martha Stewart,Time Warner, 3dfx, apple, etc etc.

If companies dont get the message and start tightening up their dam book keeping, its going to be a financial slaughter house in the next three years.

Anyone care to predict who will be next?

Berserker

Berserker

Wonder if their card is gonna be selling cheaps since the warranty will be be no more after the company has been considered bankrupt :)

Gomez Addams

Gomez Addams

Even when they were in business their warranty service was terrible. I refused to buy another one of their cards unless it is dirt cheap.

cheapster

cheapster

Well, there goes that lifetime warranty on the two new retail boxed Geforce 3 Ti200's I just bought. :mad: I guess I should have known that they meant the lifetime of Visiontek, or maybe 6 months, if I am lucky. At least that will give me an excuse to try a Radeon 8500 if one or both of the cards gives out.
Oh well, my old voodoo 3 3000 PCI card is still running great in my father's PC and I still have my trusty PCI Voodoo Banshee in the closet....

Associates