Viper V330 & Monster 3D

J

Jeremy_N

I already have a Diamond Monster 3D Voodoo card. But with my next upgrade I plan to get a Diamond Viper V330 AGP card. Though I dunno if the Monster 3D will work with it. I just came to this conclusion cause the Viper has the Riva 128 chipset and the Monster 3D has the 3DFX Voodoo chipset. Would be cool if I could get the performance out of both though. What do you think?

D

dawidi

I have the same setup in my P166 and I love it! The Viper provides good 2d and Direct3d, and the Monster provides good OpenGL for Quake II and Glide.

J

Jeremy_N

Thanx Dawidi, Sounds like a good config. Being a student I'm a bit budget struck. But it should run well with Celeron 400 & 64megs.

J

Jeremy_N

Hey, BTW will my computer be uing the card memory from both cards while playing 3D Accellerated games? (8 megs in total).

L

Ludwig

Thanks to you all for the info. I have similar setup: Orchid Righteous 3D (Voodoo1) and a Diamond Viper 330. I now have a Celeron 333 (128kb) but I'm not going to oclock it anyway. I use the OR3D for Glide and OpenGL games while the Viper for 2D, Direct3D and some OpenGL games. The combination of these two cards are great.

Anyway, do you think I should be thinking of upgrading this setup?. Please advise.

Associates