viewing posts

R

randelld

There are thousands of listed posts, how come I can only see a few of them?

Thanks

Admin

Admin

Administrator
Staff member
You can go into your users CP, options, thread display options, and change the default thread display cut off age. You can also change it on a per forum basis, but the one in your user control panel (link near top left) is global, and will change it for all the forums.

R

randelld

Thank you for explaining that to me. Maybe a sticky post or something, I've never seen this function on a forum before and I setup a lot of forums for clients.

Thanks

Steve R Jones

Steve R Jones

Administrator
Its a standard built in feature of vBulletin..It helps with page load time to NOT show 10 years worth of threads;)

J

jeanius

yay

I found it!

I usually look for them in a topic, as a thread. Those that are not familiar with vbulletin would really appreciate a bigger indication

It's just under the Hardware Central logo at the top, below the tree information, beside User CP.

Here's a direct link: FAQ

J

jeanius

You can go into your users CP, options, thread display options, and change the default thread display cut off age. You can also change it on a per forum basis, but the one in your user control panel (link near top left) is global, and will change it for all the forums.
I am seeing anywhere from 3 to 7 threads in each sections.

I have followed above instructions but when I go to edit options I am reared by this message:

jeanius, you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

1. Your user account may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
2. If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

which is very vague to say the least...

and I don't even know what I'm supposed to be looking for in the FAQ section... maybe my problem is different than what the OP is talking about?

please enlighten me!~

Steve R Jones

Steve R Jones

Administrator
Click on the USER CP link in the upper left.

Look for:
Edit Options:

Then look for:
Default Thread Age Cut Off

You may specify a time period from which to display threads. Threads older than the age you specify will not be shown.

Use Forum Default Show threads from last day Show threads from last 2 days Show threads from last week Show threads from last 10 days Show threads from last 2 weeks Show threads from last month Show threads from last 45 days Show threads from last 2 months Show threads from last 75 days Show threads from last 100 days Show threads from last year Show all threads Default Thread Age Cut Off:

Admin

Admin

Administrator
Staff member
You should have full permissions to access anything in your user control panel. Your account is in order and there's nothing preventing you that I can see.

J

jeanius

yeah I think there's a probation period before I can access those features... I'm not sure if the admins of HWC need to "activate" my account before or maybe I need to have certain number of posts before I can do that... anyhow I am saying all this for your information so that you can help more new people that are confused..... I felt pretty annoyed by it as I've never experienced such annoyance with vbulletin forums before... needless to say i've never had to read the faq, etc. and this is probably my 50th vbulletin forum registration if there is a good reason for having this "probation period" or having the low thread count as default, i hope an admin who has access to the vbulletin management panel can make things a little more transparent.

thanks

Admin

Admin

Administrator
Staff member
No, if your account was not activated you would not be able to post. Regarding thread display, that is set at the vBulletin default.

Associates