Vice city

B

burpbrain110

Vice city is out. anyone tried it with a 64MB DDR radeon 7500? runs well? i used to have frame rate problem with gta3.

W

woodman19_99

Grand Exalted Puba
Mine will be arriving tomorrow:D :D ! I can't wait. I'll let you knwo what I think when it gets here.

K

kc8uca

Hopefully it doesn't have the same issues as Gta3. I used to get into the game and the graphics were corrrupted.. I had the go to microsoft.com and search through the many Windows updates to fix it...

Marvt74

Marvt74

HWC Superpi Champion
eh justin?
its not out over here until friday

something strange going on there?

coyote81

coyote81

Well, I know what I'll be buying just as soon as I get DSL and finish my College Finals.
I almost bought GTA3 yesterday, cause i didn't know when this was gonna come out for PC.
Thx for letting us know Burpbrain

wrathchild_67

wrathchild_67

Hidden Member
It runs great even on low end systems. With the frame-limiter on it runs at a jerky 30fps and without it, it runs at 60fps+ with the occassional dip. The damn game should run well considering the low resolution and detail of the textures- this game is in serious need of some Truform.

W

woodman19_99

Grand Exalted Puba
Well, I said I would let you know what I thought when I got it. That happened last week and I have been playing as much as possible every since. In the original GTA3 I found the environment very dark and hard too see with limited movement and awkward moves. Vice City is a HUGE improvement! The lighting is much improved and gameplay is much easier. Good weapon choices, missions and new methods of transportation (i.e. Army Hummers!). My one coplaint is that there is some glitchy sound in the motorboats and with the sniper rifle, but it doesn't affect the game that much.

Lots of fun!!

wrathchild_67

wrathchild_67

Hidden Member
To answer the original question- it runs fine on my All-in-Wonder 7500 system. It won't maintain 60fps constantly, but if you use the 30fps limiter, it will always stay at 30fps. I'd say that would be your best best bet, along with 4x anisotropic filtering.

Justintime

Justintime

BTW, its kinda glitchy, even though i set the draw distance to max it dosen't draw at times :confused:

Marvt74

Marvt74

HWC Superpi Champion
probably your dodgy ass copy mate :D

gonna buy it as soon as my cheque clears stupid building society 9 working days :mad:

pdemitra38

pdemitra38

i like it! i run @ 1024x768x32 w/ 4x aa and 4x af just fine. Only thing wrong is my stupid AC97 onboard audio is slowin me down :D im in desperate need of a new soundcard!

slingblade

slingblade

Balding Member
Works great for me too, running on Ti4200, 43.45 detonators. I haven't noticed any slowdown, but there is an occaisional pause every great once in a while. Maybe due to frame limiter being turned on.
I think I got mine the same general place justin got his, if I'm reading correctly.
So far it doesn't seem much different from the third game, which is still damn good. Just a few additions here & there. I don't think the movement is improved at all, still takes a few seconds for the dude onscreen to get running after pressing the key.
Someone with the PS2 version told me to find all the hidden packages right off, then you get a helicopter, but if you cheat there's no way to get them. I'll have to look around & see if this applies to our version.

Last edited: