Which is best?

My PC spec:
AMD K6-2 500
98MB PC100
Cheepy mobo

KilrB

KilrB

3rd Member
I have a TNT2 M64 I bought for $61. I have it overclocked to 160Mhz with the memory set at 151Mhz using PowerStrip. I'm running a CeleronII [email protected] with 96MB RAM. In Unreal Tournament I'm getting 42FPS in 800x600 w/med skin, high world & 16bit color in a medium sized map. Alot of people hate this card because of it's low band width. While i'll agree it's not the greatest, but it's not the worst either. I think i've read here that VooDoo2's are very overclockable and can be had fairly cheap. If you could get a TNT2 M64 cheaper than what I paid go for it, otherwise go for a V2 or save your money and get a G-Force. I think an SDR can be had for $150 now.

Gene

KilrB

KilrB

3rd Member
Opps! I didn't read you post very well! If you really want a PCI version VooDoo is the way to go!

Gene

V

VanDamage

Guys guys guys... Who says the AMD k6-2 is bad?? Man, I have AMD k6-2 550 mhz, 128 mb pc100 ram and an awsome Voodoo 3 3000 AGP, and I get 45 fps CONSTANTLY in Unreal Tournament. The AMD k6-2 + V3 (3000 version preferably) rocks
And no, AMD k6-2 is NOT bad as many says!!

M

morphious

i say amd k6-2 is bad i used to have it and it always froze and had some kind of problem every 10min

M

morphious

i say amd k6-2 is bad i used to have it and it always froze and had some kind of problem every 10min

T

triton2

i dont like my k6-2... my pentiumII whoops ass all over the amd and even at lower clock speeds

RoadWarrior

RoadWarrior

I'd suggest the V3. You didn't say whose Nvidia cards they are, but the quality and support from 3dfx are hard to beat. I also happen to think it will be the fastest of the bunch in your system, but that's the kind of statement that starts flame wars here.

------------------
Free advice, and worth every penny.

H

Handy Andy

Cheers everyone!
Looks like I'll be buying a v3 2k PCI then.
If anyone knows of the cheapest place to buy one, let me know. I am in the UK though dont forget!

Cheers.