Ultra-portable notebook competition

CenturionStrategy

CenturionStrategy

Super Moderator
I do like that mini-IBM. I've got the T41, and that looks like shrunk version but still seems to have everything mine has!

When I get around to buying another laptop, I think it'll be a small form factor one.

ThreeOnTheTree

ThreeOnTheTree

They aren't too bad, as long as you don't mind the smaller screen. I've used a couple, and they don't bother me too much.

Hoyle

Hoyle

The IBM's are nice - but that one kind of tanked on the batter life test. I think the Travelmate did very well, and the MSI Megabook was a solid performer (in graphics, particularly). It's also the first time I've actually seen a Turion MT (25w) actually used. It did OK, fitting between the Pentium M and the Pentium M ULV, both in performance and battery life.

The Dialgue Flybook was a really interesting competitor - although it basically shows the Crusoe's power savings are NOT worth the loss in performance, the Pentium M ULV killed it. But, although I did say that battery life wasn't impressive, keep in mind that it is using a 50% smaller batter than the competitors.

The Travelmate and the Samsung, with their dual batter designs are not too bad an idea, although the Travelmate in particular is a total guzzler anyhow.

Associates