Ugh

Huge

Huge

Why am I still doing up?
I feel my internet is in the stone ages! Anyone here even close to this guy?

glussier

glussier

Huge, we are not allowed to see your picture.

As for my internet bandwidth, I get Bell fiber 50 which gives me 50mbit up and down. I could get up to 175mbit, but it's too expensive for what I need.

Huge

Huge

Why am I still doing up?
Crap; it was there when I posted it. :confused: Basically it was a speedtest pic of a guy in Hong Kong getting 1200 down, 400up! :eek: I'm lucky to get 5 down, 1 up. :(

And if I see one more Fios ad...we were supposed to be wired by now. Guess that's not going to happen.

glussier

glussier

Your location says that you are in New York, NY. You would think that everybody in New York can get a fast internet connection.

Huge

Huge

Why am I still doing up?
Stupid Time Warner monopoly :mad: Verizon announced Fios here back in 2003 & they're only done the outer boroughs and someplaces in downtown Manhattan. TWC has been putting "roadblocks" all along the way to impede them. Now Verizon wants to drop Fios to go into LTE so it's anyone's guess if it will ever get finished.

tl;dr: My only options are TWC (with my 1.5 million neighbors) or crappy Verizon DSL.

DanceMan

DanceMan

Procrastinating Member
Gigabit Seattle -- I live on Capitol Hill! Alas it's Capitol Hill in Burnaby, burb of Vancouver, not Seattle.

Associates