Ugh I knew I should have waited

glussier

glussier

Anyway, I will start building my rig right away. I have a gtx 880 lying around, so I'll use that, and wait this summer before committing to a new graphic card.

D

dmm

Linda's verbal backstop
Of course something better is always over the horizon. But.......
Pascal, Polaris, Kaby Lake and Zen. All due fairly soon or are already here.

I'm thinking I will hold off until October or November.

glussier

glussier

$629.00 is a really good price. Well, I've received items from Amazon in 2 to 3 days with free shipping. It really depends from where it is shipping.

Huge

Huge

Why am I still doing up?
Wasn't Prime eligible & they (whatever company is selling it) wanted $150 for 2 day shipping. It might get here on Friday (stupid national holiday! ;))

glussier

glussier

Ouch $150.00 is a good chunk of a second 1080. :) I was not thinking about the 4th of July. We had our National Holiday on the 1st. Be careful, if you celebrate, you want to enjoy your new video card, don't you? :)

glussier

glussier

Better be stick @ work for 2 hours than not knowing when you are gonna eat your next meal. :)

Huge

Huge

Why am I still doing up?
:mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

System won't turn on; there's a flash of the power led lit then nothing. No fans, nothing. Put my 980ti back in, all is golden

Possible I got a DOA 1080? Never got one before so I don't really know.

glussier

glussier

The 1080 takes less power than the 980ti, so it can't be a power supply issue. Reset bios and try again, if it does the samething, then it might be that the card is DOA.

glussier

glussier

It's either what I said in my last post or it could be that the card was not properly inserted in the pci-e slot, or you forgot to connect the power connectors to the card.

Huge

Huge

Why am I still doing up?
No, took everything apart and reinserted. Wonder if it's a issue with the pci power connector??? But it seems to work fine on the 980ti. :confused:

glussier

glussier

I doubt it, but have you checked to see if some other users have issues with this card and your motherboard? Have you checked to see if you have the latest bios installed?

Associates