Ugh I knew I should have waited

glussier

glussier

Do you think that Amd Polaris will be able to match the new Nvidia Pascal architecture?

Impressive, the first graphic card's gpu being clocked at over 2ghz.

Huge

Huge

Why am I still doing up?
What's impressive is the one 8-pin power connector (at least on the reference; sure o/c'ed models with be 6 & 8) :eek:

glussier

glussier

They run cool, but we will see @ how far they can be pushed. Running in the mid 60s while being pushed, leaves them a lot of room in terms of temp,

glussier

glussier

Well, I'll wait for manufacturer's reviews before I purchase one. I have to see first, if having the Founder label is worth the extra money. But, looking at these benchmarks is nothing to help Amd become profitable.

Thanks for the links.

glussier

glussier

I think you are right, this is bad news for Amd. If they want to keep selling Fury X, AMD will have to cut pricing by a lot.

Huge

Huge

Why am I still doing up?
You think I'm finally gone and then BAM!! There I am.
At least that's how my wife might put it
:D

Grrr...getting an upgrade urge for my monitor and 980ti :mad: :D (really want to wait to see what HBM can do though)

Last edited by a moderator:
D

dmm

Linda's verbal backstop
Yeah the upgrade bug is hitting me harder all the time. I'm still using the rig in my sig. The thing is its still just running everything so damn well at 1080P.
I have also considered another 770 for SLI.

Last edited:
Huge

Huge

Why am I still doing up?
Dang you slow holiday week-end (got paid to surf 6 hours @ work) *shakes fist in air*
Dang you eBay *shakes fist in air*
Dang you new 4k monitor purchased *shakes fist in air* http://www.ebay.com/itm/331854465622?_trksid=p2057872.m2749.l2649&ssPageName=STRK:MEBIDX:IT
Followed soon by new 1080 (probably get the evga hybrid w/c'ed one) *shak...*

I'm so weak... :D It's mind boggling on how expensive they're selling the card now; a $1,000+?? No thanks. https://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_sb_noss_1?url=search-alias=aps&field-keywords=geforce+1080

Last edited:
glussier

glussier

I thought that the oem cards were suppose to be cheaper than the nvidia ones?

I'm not going to pay $1000.00 either. I might just go for a 1070 and put a bit more money on the other parts.

Huge

Huge

Why am I still doing up?
No they're just price gouging now since there's such a demand and limited stock. I figure by the time the 1070 comes out, should be more reasonable.

Associates