TV Tuner?

Todd a

Todd a

Is there any TV tuner that can do digital channels from Cable TV... particularly Charter. I cant get any HD over the airwaves in my location and I am limited to the lower 75 channels or so that are analog. I am expecting these will eventually go digital and I will not longer be able to run my ATI TV Theater Pro 550 at all... which would be bad. I heard about some Cable Card stuff years ago... did that ever pan out? Does Charter support anything like that?

A

athi

A HD TV tuner card with QAM support should be able to record/play un-encrypted HD channel directly from the coax. For the encrypted channel, you would need to connect the output from the cable box to the HD tuner.

Sir Flannel

Sir Flannel

Resident Curmudgeon
I read a review from Maximum PC that mentioned using The Ceton InfinitiTV4, that takes a cableCARD from the cable company, and can record up to for HD digital channels at once (or, I would imagine, watch one, record three).

A

athi

that's one sweet tuner card, though a bit pricey, only win7 supported and a pretty new product. this would be nice once the driver matured a bit and the price come down some.

Ratt

Ratt

It's been 3 years since ATI announced the ATI TV Wonder Digital Cable Tuner.

Source

No idea why it took them so long. Perhaps the mind control transmitter unit is still being fine tuned? Maybe they are Always Too Incompetent?

PS: Long time no hear Todd a, it's great to read that you're still alive and kicking. :D

Associates