TV Tuner Capture Card as good as a VCR

dman777

dman777

I have a ATI Wonder pro that I use to use for my TV tuner card and recording shows. I use SD, by the way...not HD. I gave up cable about a couple of years ago so I took the card out. But I am thinking about getting cable again, and this time it will be digital. The ATI wondoer pro I used to to use would have a grainy picture when recording shows. How are the Tuner cards now? Are there any that can record and have the same level of quality as a VCR?

Shinma

Shinma

No grainy pictures encountered using the full retail version of Sapphire Theatrix 650.
I use analogue signal via cable though...
Although acceptable,
Not particularly impressed with the included PowerCinema software.
PowerCinema seems a sluggish.

dman777

dman777

i had the sapphire one but i took it back since ati would not support it with thier software. i had the same problem with that one also in terms of pic. quality. is your quality on par with the quality of a vcr when recording?

Shinma

Shinma

No company provides direct support for a product that is not their own.
If you are referring to software,
Have not experienced any issues using current drivers from ATi with the Sapphire Theatrix 650.
As for picture quality,
I am using analogue signal input not digital.

edhe62's link provides end user feedbacks of various cards from those using digital signals and such...

54regcab

If you are going to stay with an antenna get a digital card. You will be able to record in HD.

Associates