TV Out Problems (Visiontek GEForce2 Xtasy 5564)

T

thepez

I've been ripping my hair out trying to duplicate EXACTLY what is on my monitor on my TV so I can watch movies.
I cant seem to figure out how to display the same thing, instead my desktop gets extended onto the TV which is really annoying. Does anyone know how to do this?? Any help would be much appreciated.

Leoslocks

Leoslocks

_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _
Welcome to HWC thepez.

I am not sure I understand your problem. You can port your monitor to the TV but you can not watch DVD's on TV?

On my Asus V6800, I start the software for viewing the DVD, load the movie and start it, then I use the keyboard shortcut "Ctrl+Alt+T" to toggle between the monitor and the TV output.

T

thepez

Originally posted by Leoslocks:
Welcome to HWC thepez.

I am not sure I understand your problem. You can port your monitor to the TV but you can not watch DVD's on TV?

On my Asus V6800, I start the software for viewing the DVD, load the movie and start it, then I use the keyboard shortcut "Ctrl+Alt+T" to toggle between the monitor and the TV output.

Actually I'm just trying to watch some AVI movies I got off the IRC but I cant seem to view my desktop on my TV because its acting as if there are 2 monitors going hense an extended desktop. Basically all I want to do is view exactly the same thing that is on my monitor but on my TV.

S

sbcanada

Hi there,

In the Display properties, go in there and uncheck "extend my desktop to this monitor". Then you find the "TwinView" tab and set it to "clone". Then you will see the same thing on each monitor. If you run something in full screen on your monitor, it will be full screen on the TV. Let me know if it works.

------------------
Icebox 3000™
AOpen HQ45 w/300watts
Soltek 75KAV-X w/snd
AMD T-bird 1GHz(133x7.5)
128MB PC100 @ 133
GF2 mx400 64MB AGP TVOUT
2.1GB hdd :(
Delta 12x/40x DVD
56x CDROM
Windows 98

Associates