Toshiba Satellite Blown Inverter.

T

trainyardgym

Hi All,

I have a Toshiba Satellite P200. Recently the screen went very dim so I did some digging around and all clues pointed to a faulty inverter. I picked up a new one on ebay for about $8.00 and installed it. It worked perfectly.....for about 5 minutes then the screen went back to being very dim. And the whole time it was working I could smell a very faint burning electronic sort of smell. Can anyone tell me what would cause my laptop to keep blowing inverters? Or if that is even the problem at all. Did I get a piece of junk inverter on ebay? Should I try to replace it again or is that just throwing good money after bad?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

jimbo1763

jimbo1763

Hi, trainyardgym, and welcome to the forum. I have moved your thread to the Mobile Technology section, as you may get a better response here.

One question. What happens if you hook up an external monitor to your laptop? Does it present without issue? This is a method of trying to determine if the problem is in the video card/motherboard.

T

trainyardgym

Yes....I forgot to mention that I am using it right now with an external monitor hooked up to it. It also works with my projector as well.

Thanks.

Associates