Toshiba Satellite A135-S2386

N

nadyalexee

Thank You!!!!

Rui-kun said:
Wow, this thread keeps getting bigger everyday! Still monitoring my A135-S2386 for any signs of problems. I'll also note any improvements after a 1GB RAM upgrade.

For now, I'm still stuck with the standby and mouse pointer problems. Though, it seems to be working at 90% of its capabilities as of now.

Still keeping my fingers crossed if we can get somebody to write us an appropriate driver for the ATi Radeon Xpress 200M to solve all those pesky video problems.

And for the benefit of the new members, download Datar's compiled drivers, unzip the files and burn them into a CD:
http://www.mediafire.com/?5jzw0gmnz4i

They'll fix most of your driver problems. The rest of the drivers/software can also be found in your Toshiba Recovery Disc. Also, if you wouldn't want to use the Omega Driver for your video driver (since it's known to have some "issues" like the ones I'm experiencing) I suggest you try ATi's official driver for the specific chipset which can be found at
http://ati.amd.com/support/drivers/xp/integrated-xp.html

Try installing the official driver before installing/trying the Omega Drivers. Please inform me if it works perfectly or not since I'm also considering installing it, which would be after another tiresome reformat.
Thank you soo much for your help. I went onto another forum and this guy supposely has all the drivers. If he e-mails me back i will let you know ASAP and e-mail them to you so maybe it can fix some of your problems as well. I will keep you posted.

S

Sebasti05

I fixed the mouse freeze

I solve this issue, first unistall drivers of modem and audio and after first reinstall the modem driver and after audio driver, now I am using my toshiba 2386 without problem.

I can't use the Fn Key if any know how can I solve this issue, please publish the steps to solve it.

Thank you from Argentina.

N

neha3000

A135-2386

has anyone tried the drivers for a clone model available in europe. the model specs for processor is on the higher end, but the hardware parts are exactly same as A135-2386.

The model number is A100 (PSAA9).

This model has exactly the same pieces of hardware as the A135-2386. And the most important thing is all the drivers listed are for XP.

J

jwwstpete

Wow; this page has been a godsend! I recently purchased a Toshiba A135-2386 and upgraded the RAM to 2GB thinking this might help run Vista to a reasonable level. Boy, was I wrong! What a piece of %[email protected]#!

However, I did make the mistake of downloading and installing the A135-2386 v1.20 BIOS update. In the webpage for the BIOS update, it notes that this BIOS is for VISTA only.

I can't find a BIOS on the webpage that doesn't state this. I'd like to rev down to one that doesn't say that before making the downgrade to XP...

I was wondering if anyone else had made the jump and installed that BIOS upgrade as well, and if it has had any effect on their attempts to downgrade to Windows XP?

D

DennisHC

Unfreeze Laptop

Sebasti05 said:
I have the same issue in my new laptop, I installed Win Xp Pro SP2, I get all drivers but the laptop freeze for one minute and after continue and few minutes late again freeze..

This issue is about Video Drivers or Audio Drivers?

Could you help me?

Thanks, in advance
==========================================

IF by "freeze" you mean you can't move the mouse - I uninstalled the mouse pad drivers and picked-up default drivers in XP Pro. My temporary mouse freezing disappeared. Note: first, I went to the mouse pad's website (can't remember the manufactures name right now) and downloaded their drivers for XP. I still had the temporary mouse freezing.

Rui-kun

Rui-kun

Has anybody confirmed if RAMming-up your Satellite would be a solution the video and mouse problems?

Also, how effective are the A100(PSAA9) XP drivers? I think it would be the closest thing to solve our problems since they're technically identical with the ones we use.

B

bs953

Rui-kun said:
Has anybody confirmed if RAMming-up your Satellite would be a solution the video and mouse problems?

Also, how effective are the A100(PSAA9) XP drivers? I think it would be the closest thing to solve our problems since they're technically identical with the ones we use.
The A100 is what there shipping now with both cd's. Anybody wanna be a victim? I am gonna see if I can get my partner to u/p the disk. If he does then I will extraxt the drivers and get them posted. Let ya all know later in the day.

B

bs953

bs953 said:
The A100 is what there shipping now with both cd's. Anybody wanna be a victim? I am gonna see if I can get my partner to u/p the disk. If he does then I will extraxt the drivers and get them posted. Let ya all know later in the day.

Here ya go straight from Toshiba:
At Toshiba Group, we believe our Group slogan "Committed to People, Committed to the Future" to be an integral part of our corporate ethos. To follow through on our commitment, we have designated corporate social responsibility (CSR) as one of our company initiatives. We maintain a number of programs that involve community relations, education, the environment and philanthropy.

J

jwwstpete

bs953 said:
...We maintain a number of programs that involve community relations, education, the environment and philanthropy.
Call me silly and slap me with a rubber chicken, but I think this falls under community. Sorry, might be my interpretation. </end sarcastic>:mad:

T

tnmdt5

Hi all!
I have just buy laptop Toshiba A135-S2386.But i can not install WinXP with driver correctly ATI, Ethernet card, Audio driver,....Any body help me to resolve this problem. Can i use driver of toshiba A135-S2276

VampireHunterG

VampireHunterG

A135-S2276 ati video drivers

tnmdt5 said:
Hi all!
I have just buy laptop Toshiba A135-S2386.But i can not install WinXP with driver correctly ATI, Ethernet card, Audio driver,....Any body help me to resolve this problem. Can i use driver of toshiba A135-S2276
use datars' A135-S2276 driver pack! as far as i'm concerned it's the only way to go.

there is some question about the video drivers for this model, though.
the omega drivers work fine for me, but some others have suggested other options.

what ati video drivers are those of you with an A135-S2276 using these days?

i tried the 'official' ati/amd drivers at one point and they wouldn't load.

N

neha3000

jinxron said:
can anybody tell me....(if u noticed the partitions carefully...)
There is a 1500 mb partition created by toshiba... what is tht for ?
if i erase that partition wt wud happen ?
The partition should contain information for system recovery using the toshiba rescue cd. I will have OS & software information and information on how to do a automatic recovery. I f you delete it most likely you will not be able to restore it to VISTA. This might be required if you have to send the laptop in for repairs to toshiba.

J

jinxron

wow... thats a life saver....

neha3000 said:
The partition should contain information for system recovery using the toshiba rescue cd. I will have OS & software information and information on how to do a automatic recovery. I f you delete it most likely you will not be able to restore it to VISTA. This might be required if you have to send the laptop in for repairs to toshiba.
well... thanks a lot fr the advice...
iwas almost about to dellete that irritatin thing off....
well are u among this lot also who are downgrading their systems???....well if yes... than cud u telll me how to get this smbus driver...for a135...
i have tried almost evrythin....nthin worked...
thanks a lot in advance...
Loads Of Love
Ron

N

neha3000

jinxron said:
well... thanks a lot fr the advice...
iwas almost about to dellete that irritatin thing off....
well are u among this lot also who are downgrading their systems???....well if yes... than cud u telll me how to get this smbus driver...for a135...
i have tried almost evrythin....nthin worked...
thanks a lot in advance...
Loads Of Love
Ron
I will be doing the downgrade tonight. My unit is on the UPS vehicle for delivery. Will update how it goes. The site has enough information to get pretty much everything working on a A135.

B

bs953

jinxron said:
can anybody tell me....(if u noticed the partitions carefully...)
There is a 1500 mb partition created by toshiba... what is tht for ?
if i erase that partition wt wud happen ?
Oh boy it just keeps getting better around here :)
This question should be under a thread called "Read your owners manual".
The partition your talking about is for system restore, it is something Toooooosheeeebbbbaaaaa does by default. If you delete it nothing will more than likely happen. But why do that? Then you will just have a 1500 MB chunk of usueless unallocated (not that it is useless now) space, I guess at least you will know why it is there. The workaround is to take your laptop and throw it into a bathtub full of lukewarm water (Toshiba's don't like hot water) and 'presto' you wont have that partition to worry about anymore. Or you could reformat and use fdisk to dump it, but then if you use the original Toshiba install disk it will just do it again (make the partition), or you can use something like partition magic to fix it, but I don't suggest you do that since that takes computer savvy, which you obviously lack since your asking about the 1500 MB partition in the first place. Leave well enough alone and you will have many seconds of quality time with your Toshiba!

J

jinxron

eureka !!!!!

i finally found the secret of installing the smbus thing
http://downloadmirror.intel.com/13499/a08/infinst_autol.exe
its actually an intel chipset update.... just run it and u will no longer witness the ugly yellow question marks...
but can anyone tell me any trick to make the brightnes control by fn keys ?????
anyone ? any clue ?
well... in that case i will wait...
Thanks a lot fr all the effort....
Ron

J

jinxron

bs953 said:
Oh boy it just keeps getting better around here :)
This question should be under a thread called "Read your owners manual".
The partition your talking about is for system restore, it is something Toooooosheeeebbbbaaaaa does by default. If you delete it nothing will more than likely happen. But why do that? Then you will just have a 1500 MB chunk of usueless unallocated (not that it is useless now) space, I guess at least you will know why it is there. The workaround is to take your laptop and throw it into a bathtub full of lukewarm water (Toshiba's don't like hot water) and 'presto' you wont have that partition to worry about anymore. Or you could reformat and use fdisk to dump it, but then if you use the original Toshiba install disk it will just do it again (make the partition), or you can use something like partition magic to fix it, but I don't suggest you do that since that takes computer savvy, which you obviously lack since your asking about the 1500 MB partition in the first place. Leave well enough alone and you will have many seconds of quality time with your Toshiba!
aloha Bs 953....!!!
whatever....people say...the task is to get yor job done... beg borrow steal... all that matters is whether u get it...
there's absolutely no harm in askin... fr thins u have a doubt...
even einstein asked questions ... and you may not be no slouch yerself bt still...
there's something better ... always...!!!

V

vijayc8

TOSHIBA A135-2386 LAPTOP. windows xp drivers.

I have given up, this is not worth trying so long, I have put back Vista on it, hopefully few months/years they will fix all the bugs, getting the FN keys and mouse freezing to work is horrible tried most of it from this postings not working and I was not ready to reload xp again. mine works with vista now all good, thanks for all .

Vijayc8

Associates