doannguyen97

A135-S2386 with XP2

here is what i have done with the A135-S2386

I have installed all the drivers per A135-2276 model with a few changes

ATI southbridge using V7.1

Changed the WiFi to
Atheros Wireless LAN MiniPCI/PCIe card Driver
Version=1.34.000 (foxcon AR one)

Changed the ATI display driver with v7.1 (manual install of driver only)

installed Direct Application Launch Button.zip

All in all, everything works fine with these exceptions/problem

System hang for 3-5 seconds periodically.
All media keys work, Fn keys all work except LCD brightness
Do not put on sleep mode as it will not wake. (dont care about sleep as it ****s anyways)

That is about it. Anyone figure fixes for those two problems??

L

lokutasOFborg

Seems like we got as far as we can with a A135-S2386

Some of the Fn keys do not work and I have very unpredicable results when coming out of stand by.

The Omega driver does not allow me to leave stand by, the original ATI ones do but in some cases my computer hangs (may be when it goes all the way to hibernation), to install the factory ATI drivers I had to modify the ATI .inf file to accomodate my Radeon XPRESS 200M VID and PID, just a simple copy-paste and a character edit.

Best of luck

M

msi1337

Thanks for the help..more is needed

Thanks for the help so far.

I have an A135-S2386 with XP Pro on it, and thanks to everyone on here, all drivers are loaded.

Two exceptions:
No acpi support so I have no power management

and the function keys do not work, because I can't find the right version of the hotkey program.

anyone know how to fix the above?

Thanks!

V

vijayc8

Toshiba A135-2386 Winxp Drivers Pls

TOSHIBA A135-2386 WINXP DRIVERS PLS

UNKNOWN DEVICE?
UNKNOWN DEVICE?

All other drivers managed to install from someone who had a bunch of drivers posted in a website, that was so cool nice of him/her, I will post the drivers soon here, 123MB file.

I need help with these two unknown device or How Can I disable from being poping everytime I login.

Thanks
VIJAY

Rui-kun

Rui-kun

First of all, I'd like to thank this community for all your help. Datar's compilation certainly did a lot of help for me and my friend. It's comforting to know that there's a community who's helping each other out to solve a common problem.

Everything seems to be working fine with my Satellite A135-S2386(unmodified, well, except for XP Pro SP2) except for a few things:

*The mouse freezes from time to time, especially when pausing/stopping a track from Windows Media Player.

*When I put it on standby, the laptop can recover if you wake it up within a few seconds or so, otherwise it's just a black screen and I'd have to restart.

*Also, I viewed the hidden items on the device manager, there's one unknown device left. Something about ACPI.

*Majority of the Fn keys work, except for the LCD brightness controls I think.

*When I check My Computer's properties, it says that my processor only runs half of what it should be running (only half of 1.73GHz). Is this normal? Since the laptop is still pretty fast.

*The Omega drivers seem to suffice for now, but does anybody else have found a more appropriate video driver? I think some of the video issues come from the Omega drivers (since they're modified and all).

I'm sure a lot of you have or had these same problems too. I hope we can help each other out with these last few problems.

My friend on the other hand (who owns an A100 and used the same drivers) hasn't had any complaints so far, even with the mouse and the standby issue. I'm not sure if it has anything to do with his total RAM upgraded to 1GB?

Anyway, Toshiba should provide XP support for these machines. Vista is just wrong, it totally degrades the potential of these laptops.

Once again, thank you for being a great help. If I find a solution to the other problems, I'll notify you guys right away.

Rui-kun

Rui-kun

First of all, I'd like to thank this community for helping me and a friend of mine with our Satellite laptops. Datar's compilation did the trick for most of the stuff but there are still some issues with my A135-S2386:

*The mouse hangs from time to time, especially when stopping/pausing a track in Windows Media Player.

*It doesn't wake up from standby if you leave it for more than a few seconds. The screen is just black and I'd have to reboot.

*The processor is running only half of what it's originally supposed to be (half of 1.73GHz). Still, the machine seems to be running quite fast and doesn't seem to be a real issue.

*Most of the Fn keys work, except for the LCD brightness controls I think.

*Has anybody found another video driver aside from Omega drivers? I think most of the issues come from this driver. The video driver also has some small issues with OpenGL I think?

*I also found the ACPI-related stuff in the unknown hidden devices.

My said friend who owns an A100 and used Datar's drivers hasn't reported any of the mouse or standby issues, except for his processor only running half it's capabilities. I'm not sure but does it have anything to do with his total RAM upgraded to 1GB?

Anyway, Toshiba should provide XP support for these machines. Vista is just wrong, it totally degrades the potential of this machine.

If I find solutions to these problems, I'll notify you guys ASAP.

D

djoz

toshiba satellite a135-s2386

I'm having problems with my satellite a135-s2386 i downgraded to xp installed all the drivers i could find but it freezez every few seconds for about a minute this makes it very dificult to use

can someone help please

R

Riredale

I haven't looked at all the messages on this thread for weeks, but I recall someone having similar issues. I think one of your drivers is the wrong one, but am at a loss to tell you which one. All I can suggest is to go back and re-read everything on this thread. Good luck.

V

vijayc8

TOSHIBA A135-2386, WINXP SP2.

Mouse pad freezing, also have a wireless mouse that too freezes with or without being plugged in, also FN keys do not work, such as brightness/volume.
Thanks for everyone for the driver installation, all good, device mgr showing all good. unknown device issue fixed.

Pls help
Thanks
Vijay

V

vijayc8

ORIGINALLY I WROTE
TOSHIBA A135-2386, WINXP SP2.

Mouse pad freezing, also have a wireless mouse that too freezes with or without being plugged in, also FN keys do not work, such as brightness/volume.
Thanks for everyone for the driver installation, all good, device mgr showing all good. unknown device issue fixed.

Pls help
Thanks
Vijay
====================================================

I am writting now, I tried hardware accerlation, did not help, still freezing.
also fyi I am using Omega driver same thing ATi Radeon Xpress 200M .
should I use different one will solve problem ?????????
if so what else driver is that??

Pls help
Thanks
Vijay

B

bs953

Hey everybody, look back at the posts, you need to install the original ATI drivers with the catalyst software to straighten out all these video issues and related problems the links are here in this forum. The Omega drivers work great for some machines and not so good for others, ram dependant etc. Be warned you may need to format to dump ALL the Omega drivers.
The last stubborn 'unknown device' is the ACPI crap, it has to do with being able to shut the computer down with closing the lid and some other issues such as proc speed when on battery power etc.
In particular vijayc8 your gonna have to make sure what specific driver your using for the video it's all good you d/l'd the ATI, but they more than likely DID not overwrite the Omega's or they are conflicting.

V

vijayc8

<<TOSHIBA A135-2386, WINXP SP2., mouse freezing and FN keys do not work >>
THANKS BS953, I went back and read, where can I download the
Catalyst 7.5 driver and added DEV_5a62 ???

Thanks
Vijayc8

N

nadyalexee

Need help with WinXP drivers for a135-s2386

I have been reading this forum for quite a while now trying to find WinXp drivers for my a135-s2386. I just downloaded the drivers for a135-s2276 and im going to see if any of those work. I was wondering if anyone can please help me find the sites for the XP drivers for my laptop. This is getting so frustrating. I NEED HELP!!!

R

rnin

Toshiba A135-S2386 drivers for XP

Hi,

I have the same problem with the xp drivers for the toshiba A135-S2386.
Please could you suggest me any resource to resolve the problem, i need the drivers for windows XP.

Thanks

msi1337 said:
Thanks for the help so far.

I have an A135-S2386 with XP Pro on it, and thanks to everyone on here, all drivers are loaded.

Two exceptions:
No acpi support so I have no power management

and the function keys do not work, because I can't find the right version of the hotkey program.

anyone know how to fix the above?

Thanks!

B

bs953

Well once again here we go! To be honest this site is the most authoritive on the subject I have found yet. IF you go over the numerous pages of info here you will find clues and also things that wont work. Trust me if the dedicated fellow's on this site heard of a problem found a fix it would be here. Some things are just simply not going to work with these machines and your gonna have to live with it. Until we can get a coder who is savvy enough and willing to lend a hand we are stuck with trial and error. Keep trying different versions of the drivers here and use different methods of installation etc.

Rui-kun

Rui-kun

Wow, this thread keeps getting bigger everyday! Still monitoring my A135-S2386 for any signs of problems. I'll also note any improvements after a 1GB RAM upgrade.

For now, I'm still stuck with the standby and mouse pointer problems. Though, it seems to be working at 90% of its capabilities as of now.

Still keeping my fingers crossed if we can get somebody to write us an appropriate driver for the ATi Radeon Xpress 200M to solve all those pesky video problems.

And for the benefit of the new members, download Datar's compiled drivers, unzip the files and burn them into a CD:
http://www.mediafire.com/?5jzw0gmnz4i

They'll fix most of your driver problems. The rest of the drivers/software can also be found in your Toshiba Recovery Disc. Also, if you wouldn't want to use the Omega Driver for your video driver (since it's known to have some "issues" like the ones I'm experiencing) I suggest you try ATi's official driver for the specific chipset which can be found at
http://ati.amd.com/support/drivers/xp/integrated-xp.html

Try installing the official driver before installing/trying the Omega Drivers. Please inform me if it works perfectly or not since I'm also considering installing it, which would be after another tiresome reformat.

S

Sebasti05

Toshiba A135-S2386

I have the same issue in my new laptop, I installed Win Xp Pro SP2, I get all drivers but the laptop freeze for one minute and after continue and few minutes late again freeze..

This issue is about Video Drivers or Audio Drivers?

Could you help me?

Thanks, in advance

B

bs953

Sebasti05 said:
I have the same issue in my new laptop, I installed Win Xp Pro SP2, I get all drivers but the laptop freeze for one minute and after continue and few minutes late again freeze..

This issue is about Video Drivers or Audio Drivers?

Could you help me?

Thanks, in advance
Fix your audio driver issue first then see what happens, then fix the video. Chances are it is the video drivers though.

S

Sebasti05

Audio Driver!

thank you for your answer, do you have a link where can I download the audio drivers for Thosiba A135-S2386 for win xp ?

Thanks, in advance!!

Associates